Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitric

Hello -

Thank you guys for your feedbacks.
Thx Docholliday for the explanations.

- Dimitri

Dimitric

Hello -

I don't know if it is a coincidence but....

I left my canon lens on the X1D for almost 1 month. I went back to the XCD Lens, charged my batteries as I had been expecting to do work with it but didn't in the end. Anyhow, 2 weeks later, I was surprised to find that my battery was still showing at 100%

Could it then be the adapter that is draining the battery?

- Dimitri

Dimitric

Hello -

I have already applied the mentioned trick.
Nothing change. I clearly suspect the Techart® adapter (in some way) drains the battery (day by day).
Some days 7 percent, another day 4 percent, ...

Which it isn't the case with my original Hasselbad lenses.

Regards,

- Dimitri

docholliday

Quote from: Dimitric on June 05, 2021, 07:27:36 PM
Hello -

I have already applied the mentioned trick.
Nothing change. I clearly suspect the Techart® adapter (in some way) drains the battery (day by day).
Some days 7 percent, another day 4 percent, ...

Which it isn't the case with my original Hasselbad lenses.

A quick way to tell if it's the body "not sleeping fully" or if it's an accessory causing the drain is to charge the battery, put it in the camera, and take off the lens/adapter - put a body cap on it. Then, let it sit for a week and see if the battery level is still falling excessively. If it still is, something in the camera isn't fully powering down.

Remember that the power switch on modern electronic devices isn't physical. There is usually a circuit that stays alive, drawing a few microamps, to watch for the power button to get pressed. Think of it as the "sleep" mode on a computer. That is how the "modern standby" design of laptops/tablets work. Those have all kinds of issues with not waking up, components not unlatching and staying on, or simply locking up during the standby cycle.

The Canon 1-series power switches are this way - when set to "Off", it's really just a sleep with all input disabled ("keylocked"). Leaving the switch to "On" and letting the camera body sleep for a month drains the battery the same as it does with the switch turned "Off"!