Looking to get a H4-40 and 80mm 2.8HC lens. What is the Max ISO to get......

Previous topic - Next topic

rollsman

I am buying my friends Hassy camera and lens. Just would like any suggestions when Using the Max ISO to get the BEST Image quality. I mainly shoot Portraits with OCF.
   Some Landscapes and Group shots.  Indoors and Outdoors.
   I appreciate any recommendations.  Thanks
Dennis mansour

hgtate

You will be very disappointed with Max ISO. I found even 400 iso objectionable with regard to noise and ended up never going above base iso of 100. I realise some reading this will say noise is not a deal breaker but it is for my work. It's a personal thing but believe me the noise on these CCD's is really bad which is why I changed to CMOS and yes, CMOS colour rendition is equal or better than CCD, no argument.

Stefan Prasser

I stick to ISO100 as well. If I need more light I add some Profoto strobes. ISO 400 is any case max I'd go in case I have no alternative - but noise is clearly visible and for me not acceptable for serious work.

pchong

I only shoot at ISO 50 and 100 on my H3D-39. Even at 200, noise is visible when pixel peeping, so may still be able to get away with it as it hardly shows up even in larger prints. But anything higher, its no go. 400 is objectionable. 800 to me is unusable.

However, modern CMOS sensors are often good to at least 3200, and maybe even 6400 when pushed.

SylvainB

Rollsman, you have already used an Hasselblad with this sensor before.
1 month ago, you asked question about Pentax 645D (which you already owned in the past)
2 weeks ago, you asked questions about X1D (which you already owned in the past)
What's the meaning of all this ?

rollsman

Is there a Problem with Trying Out Different Camera systems to see which one suits me Best.  ???????
   I am sure I am Not the only one who has this DESIRE.....
Dennis mansour