OVF on X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

acg

I typically shoot the X1D II in manual focus and use the EVF, but I'm wondering if anyone uses the OVF designed for the 907x on the hot shoe (can it even be mounted?) with the camera in auto focus?

Thanks,

ACG
www.acuitycolorgrain.com
aaron c greenman
aaroncgreenman@acuitycolorgrain.com
www.acuitycolorgrain.com

acg

I should have mentioned too - specifically with the 45P.

Thank you,

ACG
aaron c greenman
aaroncgreenman@acuitycolorgrain.com
www.acuitycolorgrain.com

PaulMcB

OVF usage, etc. is covered on Page 100 of the 907X Special Edition User Guide downloadable from the HB Website. No mention on whether it fits the X1D II Hotshoe.

disposable@tx.rr.com

Quote from: acg on November 20, 2020, 06:20:03 PM
can it even be mounted?

BEST WAG :)
As long as there is no electrical contact required, a hot shoe is pretty much a hot shoe (or cold shoe, as the case may be).
I can't imagine a reason why it would not physically fit.

From the manual:
"Note!
Avoid attaching a flash unit with electrical contacts to the OVF
bracket as there is a risk of short circuit that can damage the
flash.
"

My read is that means it fits.

PaulMcB

Images attached. This is useful if 1) you own 2 of the 3 lenses that this OVF covers and prefer an OVF to an EVF, 2) Landscape is your primary use for the X1D and you are able to visualise a series of pan/stitch images outside the scope of your current lens focal length before committing to a shot 3) you live in a very bright/sunny climate that causes the EVF to blow out or 4) you prefer using an optical viewfinder and can see past the minor limitations of using an ovf sitting on a hotshoe when framing/composing/making your image.