"XH CONVERTER 0.8" and V lenses

Previous topic - Next topic

JCM-Photos

You allways find some second hand Flexbodies at a decent price

It should work as a standard V body. It has a shutter cocking crank, cable release and a mechanical back sync pusher.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

dece

Quote from: JCM-Photos on February 04, 2021, 07:07:43 PM
You allways find some second hand Flexbodies at a decent price

It should work as a standard V body. It has a shutter cocking crank, cable release and a mechanical back sync pusher.

I found a video (in japanese! ;)) with CFV-50c II + flexbody ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i96P1y-1jhE (after 6min30s)
Why do they turn off live view before taking the picture? 'Hope it's not required! ('asked the question in the video comment)
... and they've just replied me: Thank you. I did a test but couldn't shoot. The flex body cannot be shot unless Live View is turned off. Maybe,I think this is because the digital back setting must be set to flash sync mode.

=> (must be the same with a Cambo) it's then all very impractical = no way to use live view and just take a picture with V lenses! :(

btw I don't really understand well how those leaf shutters could even work: when cocked the shutter stay open (needed for reflex & live view), when the shutter lever/release is pressed: it closes (that's the moment where digital acquisition should start) then it open for the selected amount of time, then close again. Looks like it's a 2 step action (3 in V bodies as there is an additional black "trap" to open & close), 'looks very complicated mechanically!