HC150: shutter repair !

Previous topic - Next topic

ALAIN

Hello,
I just got a nice HC150!
But, he shutter no longer works.
I imagine that this can come from different problems and I would like to remove the lens to access this famous shutter.
I'm thorough and could give it a try, but it would be a lot easier if I could get some advice from past experience ...
Beautiful pictures to all,
Alain (from France)

ALAIN

Hello,
I just received my HC150 (VF 2.2.0 - 40100 shoots)
The diaphragm has a defect, as I was told: I did some tests and I observed that
- everything is going well at F3.2
- The optic hangs a few times at F5.6
- The optics systematically block as soon as we close at F8 or higher: the H5 announces a lense fault.
I wonder if it is more likely from the mechanical, electromagnetic or electronic part.
Maybe you have experienced this kind of problem and have some good ideas, as so often ...
Beautiful pictures to all,
Alain (from France)

docholliday

That is really hard to tell without having it in hand. Seeing that the more closed the aperture is, the more errors are likely to occur, it could be anything.

For example, it could be electronic, as a low voltage would make the shutter "slow" and cause a fault since the shutter isn't in the right place at the expect time. It could be mechanical, as excessive friction could make the blades "drag". It could be that the shutter's drive spring/mechanism is bound or that one of the physical components are bent. It could also be a short in the magnetic coil not producing a proper gauss field.

ALAIN

Hello,
Thank you very much for these descriptions of possibilities. I will try to deepen the research by opening, perhaps, with all the usual precautions ...
See you soon,
Alain (from France)

ALAIN

Hello,
I carefully observed the HC150, before moving further;)
In fact, it is the shutter blades that get stuck in the middle position, exactly as we see in the photo of a shutter visible everywhere on the internet.
So this leads, perhaps, to some somewhat more precise fault cause probabilities, and if only it could be repairable probabilities without spare parts (the condensers wouldn't be a problem for me) ...
If you have any ideas, I love it;)
Alain (from France)

ALAIN

... If someone could point me to the process of disassembling an HC150 or something similar, maybe I would start to consider it ...;)...