Lenses HCD with sensor 40,2 x 53,7 mm

Previous topic - Next topic

ALAIN

Hello,
HCD lenses are optimized for 33 x 44mm CMOS sensors, as specified by HB.
I would like to know if my HCD28 and HCD35-90 are still well suited to my H5D-60 whose sensor measures are 40,2 x 53,7 mm.
Maybe it would be better if I use just HC optics (and maybe a zoom HC 50-110) ?
Thank you for your advice ...
(You see here that I have been HB for a short time, after long periods in Leica).
Beautiful pictures everyone, and all my best thoughts for these historic days for the USA!
Alain (from France)40,2 x 53,7 mm

Stefan Prasser

David Grover, a Hasselblad employee, once stated on Luminous Landscape:

"We have chosen a target sensor format of 36 * 49mm for the optimization of the lens performance for the HCD lens line in order to achieve a compact design with fast focusing as well as high performance. Top performance is reached even with sensors larger than 36 * 49mm. The only restriction is that a marginal crop is introduced with the HCD28 and the HCD35-90 in 35 mm setting. On a full frame 60 Mpix camera, the crop will result in an effective pixel count of 55 Mpix and a focal length factor of about 1.1. This means that the HCD28 will be equal to a 31 mm lens and the HCD35-90 will be equal to a 38-90 mm."

ALAIN

Oh, Stefan, thank you for that : absolutly clear now ! I think that it is possible to don't use this crop if I don't clic the distorsion correction in Phocus...
Warmest regards,
Alain (from France)

ALAIN

Thanks, I was looking in the wrong place! The small checkbox concerning the auto crop for 60Mpx is indeed in the preferences of Phocus.
It was also unchecked by default.
Alain (from France)

jhartman

I have owned an H6D-100c for three years and do not notice any edge sharpness loss on my 28mm at all, even when enlarged to very large sizes (40"–96"). The lens is almost always stopped down, though.

ALAIN

Hello, Thank you.
All is fine for me too with the HCD28 and H5D-60 from center to corners at 60Mpx. I'm waiting my HCD35-90 actually in Sweden...
Alain