Which is the least expensive H Body to get Excellent IQ. PURCHASED the H4D-40

Previous topic - Next topic

rollsman

I am looking to buy a inexpensive MF camera and 1 Lens ( 80mm 2.8) to use for my Personal shooting. I have had many Medium Format cameras and want one just to mess with and get Great Colors. ISO up to 400 or 800 is all I need and No noise at those ISO/s   I will be shooting outdoors( vacation ) and Indoor with Flash.  Thank you
Dennis mansour

Bashir Lunat

Hi, least expensive are more or less best at base ISO,however, I am using H3D  and satisfied with it. I have two bodies one of which packed up so I had to look for another one to use the back. Luckily MPB UK had a H3D 22 (including back for £950) which was a very resonable price for the body and back. If you intend to use it in daylight and with flash during late hour then it shouldnt matter too much about using 50, 100 or 200 iso. But these backs are not recommended for higher iso ie 800.
MPB UK has some H cameras and there is H4D 31 (recommended). H3D 50 ( also recommended).
https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/brands/hasselblad/

JCM-Photos

If you need 800 ISO without any noise, it has to be a cmos sensor.

At least H5D 50c
Sharpen your eyes not your files

pchong

Agree with the other posters that the CCD sensor is not good above ISO 800. I have a H3D-39, and I can see noise from ISO400, though if the final image is for web or small prints, it is noticeable. I will keep below 400, though best to shoot only at ISO 100 or ISO 50.

fsprow

If you really want to surpass the results of today's better "35mm" cameras (to make it worth the extra weight etc.) I believe the H5D-50C is a solid place to do so.

rollsman

OK  Thank you. I will use ISO 200 Max with flash and daylight.  So I have the H4D-40 just purchased and the HC 80 f2.8 to start
Dennis mansour