80, 100, 150, 35/90 ?

Previous topic - Next topic

ALAIN

Hello,
I use M10 Leica for street, landscape, portrait (28mmF2 50mmF1,4 135mmAPO ... and Noctilux!) And I start in CCD, so much more true, medium format (H5D-60).
I hesitate for the HC medium focal length lens between 80, 100, 150, 35/90 zoom. I am sure that, with your experiences, you have some very good arguments that could help me ...
Thanks in advance,
Greetings from France,
Alain

maxnardi

Hello from Italy Alain.
What kind of photography you would ba doing with the h5?

ALAIN

Hello,
I have this h5 mainly for the reproduction of paintings and for the macro. For this I have a 120 macro.
It is for the rest that I seek opinions and experiences: landscapes (I already have a 28mm) and portraits ...
Best regards,
Alain

Stefan Prasser

35-90 is a very good add to your 28/120 setup. The lens is as good as the primes, but gives you flexibility (a bit at the cost of weight and lens speed obviously).

ALAIN

Thank you very much for your advice.
I am in contact with a seller of a 35-90 whose autofocus is blocked. It's currently at HB for a repair quote, and we'll see if we buy it based on cost ...
I have 2 small problems on my H5D for which I am not getting an answer:
- how to access the blue lamp above which no longer works?
- how to access the firewire socket which was broken by unfortunate pulling on the cable?
If you have any info on it ...
Just for info, I found where to buy battery elements to replace them in the handles of the H5. Maybe I will have to do some manipulation to calibrate them ... I don't know the procedure.
In the meantime, the H5 takes magnificent manual photos! Well done CCD!
Best regards,
Alain (from France)

timezac

If you have the budget for the 35-90, I would get that. If weight is an issue, the 100 is an outstanding and versatile lens.

I've had the grip LCD light go out, fortunately it was under warranty.

Good luck with your H5D!

ALAIN

Hello,
Thank you :
I hope to recover the 35-90 repaired for a nice price ...
Beautiful images,
Alain (from France)

hgtate

I own the 35-90 and to be honest I find the image quality not up to the required standard. The prime lenses IQ is very much better, as would be expected from a MF Zoom lens, different for 35mm size cameras where the zoom designs have a less onerous task to perform.

ALAIN

Hello,
Thank you for that ! I tested yesterday a 120, a 28 and a 35-90 : the zoom is excellent at F11, it's difficult for me to see a difference with the other lenses ; but more open, the simple lenses have better corners.
So, the versatility of the zoom is nice and the quality is ok at F11 for me. After, the choice depend also of the price ;)...
Best regards,
Alain

ALAIN

Hello,
Having an X1D and an H5D-60, and seeing the arrival of the XH 0.8 converter for X1D, I ask myself the following question for my old HC28 and HC35-90: they are in software versions prior to 18.0.0 of course, then, is there a way to make them upgradable so that they remain autofocus with the X1D?
Some say that some old lenses have become upgradable following major electronic repairs at HB ...
Beautiful pictures to all,
Alain