Converting Multi-Shots to DNGs for viewing in ACR4.

Previous topic - Next topic

DenisM

Firstly, I have to admit that I am addicted to the HSL (Hue/Sat/Lum) tab in ACR4!  :)

Just about every shot I take includes a basICColor Grey Card and a Gretag Macbeth colour checker. My workflow usually involves a Bruce Fraser-type hue/sat correction of the grey card and Gretag CC shot and then applying this to all the other images. Fraser designed the colour correction workflow around ACR and I can't see how it can be adapted to Flexcolor (though please tell me how, if it is possible).

This type of workflow is brilliant when one is working on large volume shooting in the same setup. I am currently working on a book for a museum that involves shooting about 400 table-top objects, and this workflow suits me.

What I'd like to know is thsi:

1. When I convert to DNG, in order to process in ACR, the single shot files appear with thumbnails, but not the multi-shot files. Why?

2. The multi-shot DNGs are the right size (220Mb+) and they*will* open in ACR. But, is anything lost vis a vis their single shot equivalents?

3. If I then save a multi-shot file from ACR, am I losing anything?

4. Repeating what I asked above........how could one do a Fraser-type correction using Flexcolor? By this I don't mean using a script such as the Fors script, but manually. i.e. Colour balancing using a grey card and then correcting the Gretag patches using the HSL tab in ACR.

Thanks.

Denis

NickT

Hi Dennis
I think the colour picker in Phocus might offer what you are looking for, give it a try.
Regards
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

DenisM

Nick,

Thanks for that.

Alas, I'm strictly PC and I hope to stay that way! ;-)

Denis