For users of real computers, Phocus Quick Wi-fi just to transfer image files

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles2

Phocus Mobile 2 with its extensive control over the camera and images is great for people who work on a qualifying Apple tablet.

But Windows PC and Mac users move the image files to a desktop or laptop rather than to a tablet. I hope Hasselblad can now provide a simple program that takes files off the card and into a PC by wi-fi. Years ago Phocus Quick that did this through a USB cable. Just add wi-fi.

I can make a wifi connection between an X1D ii and a Windows 10 computer -- but not use the connection. I find the assigned IP address, but a browser cannot get to it. The ping program reaches the IP address, confirming the connection is there. Have I missed something?

Frankly, one reason for the request is to avoid the SD card and USB doors on the camera.

This evolution of the old Phocus Quick would merely add proven wifi code from Phocus Mobile 2. It should be a very simple project. I'd be happy to serve as a beta tester.

And if anyone here knows a few basics of wifi network programming, he might shed light on this request.