Extension tubes when using Hasselblad HC 300

Previous topic - Next topic

jahn

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can expand a little more on how to use the extension tubes when using the HC 300. I called Hasselblad the other day and they assured me I could use them in combination with the lens. But here is what happens, when I try to take a pic of the moon, the moon itself looks like a giant blurry octagon... I've switched the order of the tubes, but nothing seems to work. Please let me know, I appreciate it! Thanks.

jahn

hgtate

Extension tubes are used to focus on objects that are closer to the camera than the minimum focusing distance of the lens. The moon is not really an object that is closer than the minimum focusing distance of the 300mm lens.

NickT

What you probably wanting is a tele-converter.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

jahn

Quote from: hgtate on August 25, 2020, 11:31:10 PM
Extension tubes are used to focus on objects that are closer to the camera than the minimum focusing distance of the lens. The moon is not really an object that is closer than the minimum focusing distance of the 300mm lens.
-- ahhhh I wish I had done my research. - still an amateur after 20 years. Thanks for clarifying.

jahn

Quote from: NickT on August 26, 2020, 12:20:01 PM
What you probably wanting is a tele-converter.
uh! Can you expand on this please? Where would I find something like that, I wonder...

NickT

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

jahn

Quote from: jahn on August 29, 2020, 02:15:53 AM
Quote from: NickT on August 28, 2020, 12:34:14 PM
Here's one:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/264718-REG/Hasselblad_3023717_1_7X_Teleconverter_for_H.html
Thank you!
Hi Nick, would you know if the teleconverter can be used in combination with XH LENS ADAPTER? I am ordering the new 907X 50C and it would be great to know. Thanks in advance.

Stefan Prasser

Quote from: jahn on August 30, 2020, 05:24:09 AM
Quote from: jahn on August 29, 2020, 02:15:53 AM
Quote from: NickT on August 28, 2020, 12:34:14 PM
Here's one:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/264718-REG/Hasselblad_3023717_1_7X_Teleconverter_for_H.html
Thank you!
Hi Nick, would you know if the teleconverter can be used in combination with XH LENS ADAPTER? I am ordering the new 907X 50C and it would be great to know. Thanks in advance.

Yes, the H1.7x TC works with the XH-Adapter.

jahn

Yes, the H1.7x TC works with the XH-Adapter.
[/quote]

Thank you! I finally ordered one from eBay, and it was such a great deal! I took a few test shots and it definitely gets closer to the planets. I took this pic earlier this afternoon, and I was wondering if someone could tell me whether this dust specs are on the teleconverter/lens/sensor. One time I've sent my back for cleaning to Hasselblad and while they did a decent job, the sensor still have some dust left. Anyways, thank you so much for the help this far! ps.. also I just ordered the 907x omg I am so excited.