Has CFV II 50 C Digital Back Changed The Resale Market for The V system ?

Previous topic - Next topic

Iceman1331

I just wonder if the new HB Digital back CFV II 50 C has reshaped the V system resale market to keep the used market price from further deteriorating as more V system owners holding on to their antique system while awaiting the new Digital back CFV II 50 C ? For example, I just saw a mint condition used 500 CM body selling for less than $500, and a Sonner CF 4/150 Zeisis Lens for $600 which seems to be a bargain price when compared to their original purchase price when brand new.

disposable@tx.rr.com

My Pure Speculation:

It's my guess, based on pretty much nothing beyond my own prejudices, that most of the V system aficionados shoot film.  In which case a new digital back would have to sell pretty darn cheap in order to have much effect on used prices.

It seems to me that the big losers in this deal are going to be the guys who had original CFV-50c backs listed on eBay for 10 grand and were holding out for absolute top dollar.  Ain't happening now. In fact I couldn't even find one listed anymore, and I doubt it's because they all sold.

Regarding "bargain price", I'm inclined to think this may be a difficult concept with old photo gear.  I've still got a D3x I bought new for 8 grand.  It still makes as good an image as when new, but look at what has happened to the prices.  Does that make it a bargain, or just an old camera?  I think the bargain price thing only works against what it was selling for 6 months ago, not it's original pricing.