H3D Battery life

Previous topic - Next topic

Atracksler

I'm using the CR123 battery grip for my H3D 39 and im finding that I'm getting maybe 30-40 shots before the batteries give up the ghost. I have a bunch of the 750mAH rechargeable batteries that I'm swapping out. Is this battery life normal? or is it short? Would I be better off with the H3200 battery grip?

Thanks in advance. ad

jerome_m

The CR123 battery grip is only for the film cameras, digital backs are to be used with a rechargeable grip. AHAIK, the very short life you are experiencing is normal with CR123.

Simon Bran

When i first got my h2f body ( i'm using a h4x now ) I had a lot of problems with it crashing etc, it turned out that the problem was the rechargeable batteries.
Apparently according to Hasselblad.they are not 'the same ' as normal non rechargeable CR123 battery's   
once I started using normal non rechargeable  batteries in the grip all the problems went away  along with the contents of my wallet!
At no time was I told that the CR123 grip was not to be used with digital and I still use the CR123 grip as a back up with no problem, with a 39ms back
and I'm fairly certain that with the non rechargeable CR123 batteries I get more than 40 exposures,
I'm not sure how many, as most of the time i just use it for half an hour while the rechargeable grip is recharging then swap it back out

JOHN-x2d

I used a rechargeable RC123 battery grip, but it burned out two 39 digital backs in a row!