Phocus 1.3 What's next??......

Previous topic - Next topic

David Bonnier

Hello everyone,

What about futur improvements in Phocus next version???

Which functions and/or improvements would you like to see implemented in the future???

Personnally: I would love a virtual horizon and a Color live view on display's back...  Maybe I'm asking too much!

Question for David Grover: will we ever see preview mode's return in this version???

Thanks and keep up that good work!

Dave

NickT

Hope you don't mind me moving it David, seemed better here..

Any input on what you'd like to see in Phocus 1.3 would be very useful as I hope to get the chance to discuss the next version in Orlando. And no David I don't think you are asking too much  ;)

Re Preview mode I'd like to see this back perhaps with a moveable overlay warning triangle permanently over the image, what do others think?

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

KeithL

I believe someone on this forum suggested an improved Curves dialog? I have to agree and would love to see all values being displayed. As things stand I ignore Curves in Phocus preferring to make adjustments in Photoshop.

Keith

Alex Maxim

I'd love to see Phocus automatically resolve firewire issues without restarting the application  ;)

silvesterkok

My humble wishes

* Fill light like Adobe LightRoom
* Drag a photo from one folder to the other only moves it, not copies it like it does now
* Easier apply of corrections to a selection of images like Adobe Lightroom Sync develop settings...
* Export to DNG (with phocus specific (DAC etc) already applied to DNG export rest (exposure etc) open for custom setting in PS or LR
* If a target folder is set it should show up in the import dialog like it did in the old phocus...

There's a lot more to wish for but...

Silvester

NickT

Quote from: silvesterkok on September 09, 2009, 09:34:44 AM
My humble wishes

* Fill light like Adobe LightRoom
Yes this would be great!
* Drag a photo from one folder to the other only moves it, not copies it like it does now

If you want to move and NOT copy, just press and hold option while you drag!
* Easier apply of corrections to a selection of images like Adobe Lightroom Sync develop settings...
I don't find this difficult compared to Lightroom, just select the relevant images, hit Cmnd/Shift M (for modify) check the relevant boxes and hit return, pretty much the same as LR no?
* Export to DNG (with phocus specific (DAC etc) already applied to DNG export rest (exposure etc) open for custom setting in PS or LR

Yep I know this one is being worked on but I believe it relies on a fair bit of work from Adobe..

Nick-T

stephanbruehl

I would love a more detailed grayscale conversion like in Adobe RAW or Photoshop with 8 channels instead of just 3.

Regards,
Stephan.

Dustbak

Naturally there is still the previous wish list which still contains numerous wishes that have not yet been implemented. To name a few.

1) 100% loupe window like in Flexcolor.
2) Highlight recovery.
3) Fill light.
4) User selectable delay between shots in multishot (sorry Nick, flash delay doesn't seem to be doing the trick).
5) Export to layered tiff, these save & open a lot faster than PSD.
6) Ability to invoke a droplet or PS action after export.
7) etc.. just read the previous list..

And as Derek already mentioned. Please get rid of the bugs and quirky stuff.

Did anyone ever stumbled upon a angled firewire cable??? Oh... I lust for a couple of these :)

KeithL

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on September 09, 2009, 10:58:40 PM
...my experiences with Phocus have been fairly pleasant (although Importing 3FRs from anywhere still dump the FFFs to the Desktop no matter what).

I've heard of this before but have never had the problem. Strange that some experience this while others don't.

Phocus 1.2.1, PC, Windows XP.

Keith

Alex Maxim

Rest button for cropping. And a check box to turn off cropping/straightening.
Export as Layered 16 bit tiff
F5 button to refresh/resort thumbnails.

drjim6

Hi there,

Here's what I would like:

- The Adjust menu should be scrollable with a standard Windows vertical scroll bar so that I don't have to open and close submenus in order to get to the bottom sub menus.
- Better preview resolution so that the preview becomes an actual preview instead of a rough impression.
- Open up the file format so that Adobe can incorporate it in Lightroom.

Oh yeah, that would be nice...

François

alexkent

Quote from: drjim6 on September 10, 2009, 03:44:01 AM
- Open up the file format so that Adobe can incorporate it in Lightroom.

this has been heavily discussed.
Adobe have recently added native support for .3fr to ACR and LR, and you can of course export all your .fff's as .dng to get them to adobe-land.
Unfortunately it seems unlikely that adobe will be adding .fff support in the future.

NickT

Some really good stuff here folks, I'm going to bring this thread to the attention of those in the know

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on September 10, 2009, 05:29:07 AM
I'd like better sort capability with thumbnails, perhaps filters. Stacking would be useful. A lot of time is spent grouping my shots and then drilling down into those groups to find the keepers and delete the rest.

What other filters besides date/name/approval?

You know you can manually drag thumbs around right?

Nick-T

Matt Crawford

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on September 09, 2009, 10:58:40 PM
From an expert's perspective (that would be my perspective), I must say something that is going to seem very critical of Hasselblad:

By reading many posts on this forum (and LL) about how other photographers work, it seems to me, and I could be wrong, but it seems to me as if the H/Phocus programmers did not work hand in hand with photographers, meaning, by my reading posts of tethered crashing and similar critical failures, it seems as if both developmental and post-release testing was not done in real world environments (i.e. shooting all day, etc...).

Since my needs are much simpler than a product or commercial shooter (go outside, shoot to CF card, download, I'm done), I can only go by what I have read; my experiences with Phocus have been fairly pleasant (although Importing 3FRs from anywhere still dump the FFFs to the Desktop no matter what).

I suggest that Hasselblad management, whomever that may be (???), take a more hands on approach with photographers who have demanding work environments and fix the bugs and issues that arise. Because in today's economy, the good will of a few loyal customers is insufficient for keeping a company alive.

I hope Hasselblad listens, because I don't think things are going too well right now.

Kind regards,
Derek

Working as a digital operator / digital tech and assistant I have to say Phocus is doing pretty well it terms of usability and stability especially when tethered. It's far less stressful to work with than say Phase Capture one 4.8 and some Canons and you have to pay for Capture one pro remember!

Many good points for possible features to be added here, would it be worth having a poll to see want users want most?

Cheers
Matt

David Bonnier

No prob Nick!

I was wondering where I could put thread.....!

I second you about overlay triangle idea  ;)

Quote from: NickT on September 09, 2009, 08:37:54 AM
Hope you don't mind me moving it David, seemed better here..

Any input on what you'd like to see in Phocus 1.3 would be very useful as I hope to get the chance to discuss the next version in Orlando. And no David I don't think you are asking too much  ;)

Re Preview mode I'd like to see this back perhaps with a moveable overlay warning triangle permanently over the image, what do others think?

Nick-T