45P firmware

Previous topic - Next topic

pss

So i received my 45P today firmware is at 0.1.23 just updated my X1DII to 1.2.0
When i connect to Phocus mobile 2 i get an update request for the lens to 0.5.4 which gives me an error at 50% saying the lens cant be updated?

fh29

That's an error with the app, the latest firmware for the 45P is 0.1.24

pss

Official support answer
Thank you for contacting Hasselblad Customer Support.

Currently there is a bug updating firmware through Phocus Mobile 2, we recommend downloading the firmware to an SD card and updating it through the camera.

The 45P firmware update is not 0.5.40, it is 0.1.24, please click on XCD 4/45P to download the correct firmware.

spb-ch

Good to know! I presume the software will be corrected so that it recognises whether the lens is attached to an X1D or X1D II as the version numbers are completely different? I would usually always update via SD card with downloaded file, but I have seen on my iPad can do the version checking which I thought was excellent.

JCM-Photos

XCD 45P has a his own special Firmware numbered 0.1.xx
all other XCD lenses have the same Firmware numbered 0.5.xx

HB says that new 45P firmware 0.1.24 is for X1DII and 907X cameras and I wondered why they did not mention the older X1D.

I tried to load on my X1D with 45P FW 0.1.24  and I got a failure message after a few seconds,
I tried a second time and it worked !

Now the X1D focus stacking is enabled (before it was locked) and seems to work fine.

Any other experience ?
Sharpen your eyes not your files

spb-ch

So if you had for example the two cameras X1D and the new X1D II and the 45/4P how does one choose which update to use for the lens?

JCM-Photos

Quote from: spb-ch on June 06, 2020, 05:46:25 AM
So if you had for example the two cameras X1D and the new X1D II and the 45/4P how does one choose which update to use for the lens?
The camera doesn't choose anything when updating a lens, it's up to you to put the right firmware on your memory card fot the update.
When opening the firmware tab in the camera menu, the camera compares the FW version on the memory card and the one in the lens and makes you an update proposition that you have to accept and confirm.
Sharpen your eyes not your files