X1D batteries

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronlund71

Anybody have any word on when the X1D batteries will be back in stock?  B&H once posted an expected date of December 30th.

FirstLights

Vieri directed me to newoldcamera and I bought one there.
You may want to check on Google...
FirstLights
Visit me at www.500px.com/firstlights

Vieri

Quote from: aaronlund71 on January 13, 2020, 07:54:36 AM
Anybody have any word on when the X1D batteries will be back in stock?  B&H once posted an expected date of December 30th.

Quote from: FirstLights on January 13, 2020, 11:34:12 PM
Vieri directed me to newoldcamera and I bought one there.
You may want to check on Google...

You are welcome, glad to help. I just checked their website, and they don't seem to have any at the moment. Perhaps contacting Hasselblad in Sweden and get info directly from the source?

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Proud Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters and NYA-EVO bags | ABIPP
Websites: https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vieribottazzini/

JCM-Photos

what's the problem in USA ?

We find them currently in Europe !

Have US stores no more ordered them, because of that bad US rumor, a year ago, that the X System had been discontinued ?
Sharpen your eyes not your files

ropo

I contacted Hasselblad customer support and they indicated batteries would again be available in February 2020.  Rob

BillW

Brad Berger at Berger Bros Camera said he has 6 of the new batteries if anyone is interested. Contact him direct.
Brad Berger President
Berger Bros Camera

P 516-496-1000
C 516-816-4921
Thanks
Bill

Stefan Prasser

3400mAh batteries now ship again in Germany - various dealers have them on stock now, mine got delivered by Calumet yesterday.

D!RK

Sometimes these things can happen when a company switches the manufacturer to get to a better cost structure. The battery packs should cost them less than $10 to make, with two 18650 lithium cells and custom housing. It is very common that after the initial product got introduced, companies look at each item and try to find lower cost options to reduce the overall bill of materials. That may include a redesign of the item and/or switching to a better manufacturer. You are in a better position to negotiate better prices once you have the real sales numbers and no time pressure, something you don't have when you launch a totally new product and you end up with higher costs for each part. These transitions can cause delays, especially if unexpected issues show up and work is needed to fix things. Not sure if that is the case with the Hasselblad batteries but the X1D is not a million unit per year item. So fulfilling the demand of batteries should be manageable. D!RK

Paul925

B&H has batteries n stock as of. this morning!