Dpreview

Previous topic - Next topic

hcubell

I wouldn't buy paper clips based upon their review.

Bob Andersson

Unfortunately the site pcreview.com doesn't review paper clips. Darn!  ;D

I didn't spot any glaring errors in the piece (maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention?) and Jordan's video review was spot on. Sites like DPReview are a useful resource for many but not so much for the market segment which the X1D II satisfies.

To paraphrase Bertie Wooster, Season's Greetings to all, and all that tosh.

Geruvah

We can hate on it all we want, but I don't say anything they said was wrong. I love my camera, but I agreed with what they said. This IS the iteration the original should've been (and it could've come too late with how many sales we've seen with the Fuji). I've held out on buying the first X1D because it juuuuust wasn't where I needed it to be for what I wanted.

• It would've been great if it had eye detection.
  • IBIS isn't necessary, but it would've been great for portrait work because I wouldn't have a tripod and I don't necessarily use a flash.
  • It doesn't have video. It isn't meant to be a video camera, but even 1080p would be good if I'm giving a tutorial about my composition, or even just glorious B-roll, who knows.

Sanford

I can't say that I disagree with anything they said.

I certainly wouldn't have chosen X1DII to do sports photography or necessarily street photography (while I've used it with the XCD 45 with great success). I don't need video, or continuous shots, or fast autofocus (or autofocus for that matter), or eye detection, or a tilt out display, or IBIS.

The X1DII does everything I need it to do, and does it very well.