Battery wont come out

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel Roberson

In fact the lever will not move and the battery therefore wont come out.
Has any else had this ?

It seems like some sort of mechanical failure in the lever and catch mechanism.

Shuttermuse

The mechanism is very simple. There is a pin connected to the lever, moving the lever moves the pin in  opposite horizontal position to its default position. It moves about 3mm. The battery has a channel that  guides the pin as you insert and remove the battery. When the battery is totally inserted, the pin returns to its default sleep position, moving the lever allows the battery to jump out of this installed position to the holding position because of the spring load on it. To get the battery out of the holding position you need to push it back a bit, which allows the pin on the lever to again jump back to it's default position and back into the channel path that allows it to come out...

If the lever is not moving, then it means the pin can't move inside the channel, which may indicate the channel is either dirty with something material inside it, or the channel is damaged?

I really do not think that it would be the pin that has the issue, unless it was bent for some strange reason, but it's more likely there is something in the channel of the battery that is causing the pin not to move when you try flip the lever.

Looking at it I can imagine that is something is blocking the channel and the pin can't move that you will have a very hard time to do something about it yourself.

Maybe try and hold the camera in very many different orientations hoping that if you move the level and something small is inside the channel you can be lucky enough that it shifts and you can get the lever to move. Shake the camera a bit and try holding it upside down, up, sideways, etc etc when trying to move the lever.

If you can't get it out yourself it may be best to send it to HB to fix.

Don't try and jam anything into the camera to release or force the battery out, it won't help, because you can't reach the pin or the channel by doing so

Nigel Roberson

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I will try the shaking around routine but I think its a return to HB.

Nigel Roberson

Hasselblad UK have the battery out now but we agree it should go to Sweden to get a full checkout.
Back to the trusty D800 for a while.

Shuttermuse

Any ideas to the cause? Was the battery totally perfect with no damage to the guide channel?

Is the issue with the pin/lever on the camera?

Nigel Roberson

No obvious problem but there needs to be a check that something hasnt come loose and is jamming the mechanism on a random basis.
I didnt ask too many questions. I just want a proper fix and thats their job.