HTS for XD cameras

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

Any plans for a HTS for the XD cameras that can work with the XCD21mm lens?

Domip

Not only with the 21mm, but the other lenses also!

vsbhk

HC to X mount with TS would be ideal to make the most of the larger image circle of the HC lenses.

brian

Quote from: vsbhk on September 16, 2019, 08:29:17 PM
HC to X mount with TS would be ideal to make the most of the larger image circle of the HC lenses.

Yes but it will be a monstrous lens

brian

The HTS1.5 Tilt Shift Adapter was made for the HD system. Would it be possible to modify the lens in the HTS to work directly on the X1D?

carton

Quote from: vsbhk on September 16, 2019, 08:29:17 PM

I agree that would make sense.  The adaptor wouldn't need to have any optics in it because the mechanism could use the space normally taken up by the mirror.  A native XCD-to-XCD adaptor would instead have to duplicate the "1.5x" extension aspect of the HTS.

While the HTS is already supported with XH adaptor, distortion corrections are disabled.  Somehow I missed this fine print and was very disappointed.  Removing that crippling would make the HTS more useful.

brian

Carton - interesting - that suggests that all we have to do is to remove the glass in the HTS 1.5 to attach an XCD lens? I think a lens of some kind would still be required. Perhaps someone from Hasselblad could look at this? In the meantime Kippon and Fotodiox are producing tilt-shift adapters for the X1D - but they don't use XCD lenses - yet. Also Fuji now have a tilt-shift lens.

brian

Well if not an adapted HTS1.5 to work with XCD lenses, then what about a new tilt-shift lens for the X1-D?

Simon Bran

QuoteWhile the HTS is already supported with XH adaptor, distortion corrections are disabled.  Somehow I missed this fine print and was very disappointed.  Removing that crippling would make the HTS more useful.

Hi,
quick question, do you know if the corrections are, or are not, applied when you are using the camera tethered with phocus?
thanks
Simon

ashdown

Bump. It would surely be an easy job for Hasselblad to redesign the HTS 1.5 with XCD mounts. Not a lot of work to add a unique accessory to the X system. It would be very attractive to commercial, landscape and architectural photographers which are surely their core market.

CedV

Quote from: brian on May 09, 2020, 11:17:36 AM
Well if not an adapted HTS1.5 to work with XCD lenses, then what about a new tilt-shift lens for the X1-D?

Yes, please

JCM-Photos

The big problem with the HTS used on the X system is that it is not able to save the T, S datas as the H system does, enabling optical corrections in Phocus for different tilt and shift positions !
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Ralf

With the H System discontinued and Hasselblad concentrating on the X System, it is now time for an "XTS".