Hasselblad Charging Hub serial number

Previous topic - Next topic

soerekr

I see that the Charging Hub is listed in the drop down menu for registering Hasselblad products so I decided to try to register mine. But I have not been able to find a serial number on it. Does anyone know where the  serial number is located?

best regards,
Kristian

BillW

I can see a string of number on the bottom lower right but cannot read them. They are below some QR code. I am traveling and do not have access to my trusty magnifier.  :o
Thanks
Bill

a friedrich

Hello Kristian, yes, the small print number below the QR code is the serial number, that's how I registered the charger....

soerekr

Thank you both. I will have to find a magnifier and read it.

regards,
Kristian

BillW

I guess Hasselblad does not realize that it is mostly a bunch of old people that buy their stuff....! :-\
Thanks
Bill

SrMi

Quote from: BillW on September 08, 2019, 11:16:57 PM
I guess Hasselblad does not realize that it is mostly a bunch of old people that buy their stuff....! :-\

How about using XCD 120mm macro to read the serial number :-).

MGrayson

Quote from: SrMi on September 09, 2019, 02:12:57 AM

I use an iPhone photo to read small or hard to reach serial numbers.

Ikarus

Has anyone read the output for the Hasselblad charger?  The charger delivered with my camera is a US charger, so I've left it in the box.  To date, I've charged off my computer.  IS the Hasselblad charger the same output (voltage & amperage) as the iPhone chargers?  I tend to use those for everything ...

BillW

Quote from: SrMi on September 09, 2019, 02:12:57 AM

Bummer as mine is back in Texas and I am in Maine...!
Thanks
Bill

SrMi

Quote from: Ikarus on September 09, 2019, 11:24:12 AM
Has anyone read the output for the Hasselblad charger?  The charger delivered with my camera is a US charger, so I've left it in the box.  To date, I've charged off my computer.  IS the Hasselblad charger the same output (voltage & amperage) as the iPhone chargers?  I tend to use those for everything ...

I would not use the iPhone charger. The one shipped with iPhones is AFAIK a 5W charger, while the Hasselblad's charger is 24W.

Ikarus

Quote from: SrMi on September 09, 2019, 02:12:58 PM
Quote from: Ikarus on September 09, 2019, 11:24:12 AM

I would not use the iPhone charger. The one shipped with iPhones is AFAIK a 5W charger, while the Hasselblad's charger is 24W.

Thanks for that - I'll fish out the original charger and will find an adapter.

Shuttermuse

AFAIK it uses standard usb power protocols, so if you use a standard brick like an iPhone or mobile phone one it will use 5v and charge one battery at a time taking about 3.30 per battery. If for example you use a more powerful 10v brick with it it actually will automatically charge two batteries at the same time.

I seriously doubt you can damage the batteries or the hub using other bricks with this hub if both brick and hub use USB specifications

SrMi

Quote from: Shuttermuse on September 09, 2019, 05:25:35 PM
AFAIK it uses standard usb power protocols, so if you use a standard brick like an iPhone or mobile phone one it will use 5v and charge one battery at a time taking about 3.30 per battery. If for example you use a more powerful 10v brick with it it actually will automatically charge two batteries at the same time.

I seriously doubt you can damage the batteries or the hub using other bricks with this hub if both brick and hub use USB specifications

The iPhone's 5W charger will not damage the batteries, but it will take much longer to charge batteries with a 5W than with a 30W charger.

BillW

I am using my MacBook 12" charger. It uses the same USB C cables and works fine. I do not need to carry around a separate charger when traveling.
Thanks
Bill

sepiareverb

Anyone else find the OEM charger brick noisy?

I've just got a new no-name brick, but have not tried it yet. The iPad charger is usually with me on the road, that would be a great option thanks for that thought!