Import Settings?

Previous topic - Next topic

gbealnz

Hi All. New to M/F digital, and very new to Phocus. So far about 50 or so "fun, test) shots, with a new X1D.

When I connect the X1D to the Mac, with Phocus open, it sees all the files, and I can import etc, sending them to a specific external hard drive I have specifically for the X1D (big files, bought a decent sized drive, and keep it solely for the X1D).

My question is this: It sees all the files, even those that I have already opened/imported into Phocus. Unlike LR which I still have but not the latest version, it does not differentiate between already imported and not. With LR all the already imported files are "greyed" out slightly, and you then just import the ones that have not been imported. Does that make sense? Is there a setting that I can select to have Phocus show me the ones that have not been imported? Or does it tell me? I've looked at the Preferences, there is nothing that looks like what I am after.

I am enjoying it though, files are nice, Phocus (contrary to my expectations) operates well with my less that premium Mac, and I am happy to be able to thumb my nose at Adobe, I paid for the stand alone version only to have it "discontinued" making it unable to open any of the later camera files. Rant over.

Gary

spb-ch

I agree entirely on Adobe products.