HTS 1.5 Tripod Extender

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

The HTS 1.5 tripod extender fits with the Hasselblad Tripod Quick Coupling unit.

Does anyone have a solution to connect the HTS 1.5 Tripod Extender to a Arca Suisse Cube?

hvk

For a while I used a generic Arca plate bolted to the extension together with a RRS BH-55. That combination was a pain when changing from HTS to normal lenses due to having to remove the L-bracket. I replaced the extension with one from RRS which had a dovetail rail in one end and a QR clamp at the opposite end. This allowed me to keep the L-bracket on at all times but the combo was very top heavy and imprecise.

Since getting the cube I haven't used the extension at all (RRS L-plate on the H, fliplock in the Cube). You just need to be careful with rotation of the cube when shifting down.

/Henrik

hvk

Two snapshots of the cube with RRS L-plate. One uses the extension foot from RRS and the other doesn't. In the image without the extension I tilted and shifted the HTS down to end of scale.

/Henrik

brian

Quote from: hvk on April 23, 2019, 09:03:21 PM
Two snapshots of the cube with RRS L-plate. One uses the extension foot from RRS and the other doesn't. In the image without the extension I tilted and shifted the HTS down to end of scale.

/Henrik

What # RRS plate is that? BRIAN

hvk

BH1-L L-plate and BEX-1.75 extender.

/Henrik