Diameter of the HC 35-90mm below the zoom ring.

Previous topic - Next topic

flash

A bit of a strange request. Does anyone who has the 35-90 know the diameter of the lens at the rear of the lens. I know the maximum diameter but I'm looking for the diameter between the zoom ring and the lens mount so I can source a tripod adaptor ring to fit on this part. I'll be using it on an X1D with adaptor and for this lens I'd rather have a mount on the lens than the adaptor.

I have one on order but won't get it for a couple of weeks and though I might be proactive.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Gordon

stian

Hi,

I measured the Circumference to 26.8cm and the online converter converted it to 8.5307cm in Diameter, hope that helps ;)

flash

It does! Thanks so much.

It also means I have a ring that will fit, with a small modification.

Regards

Gordon

wes walker

Mr. Flash

I have been searching for a "tripod adaptor ring" as you describe it for the HC 210 mm. Could you provide the source for the

adaptor you have on order. Thank you ,     ww

flash

Well, I have the 210, so I can answer this one. :)

The 210 appears to be a bit smaller in diameter than the zoom, if the above measurements are correct. It's about 82mm. I haven't measured it exactly.

The closest tripod adaptor ring I've found to that is the expensive Novoflex ATAT-SL. It's a bit bigger at 83.5mm. So you can apply some thin cork tape to either the lens barrel or inside of the ATAT-SL and get a perfect fit.

This adaptor was originally designed for the Leica SL 24-90mm lens. It's not cheap. It also does fit the fat part of the HC adaptor perfectly with a small modification but you can't access the lens release switch.

With the wider 35-90 I'll simply remove the plastic ring on the ATAT-SL and replace it with something thinner as that plastic is about 3.5mm thick.

Gordon

wes walker

Hello Flash.....B&H lists a Novoflex ASTAT-SL....am I to assume this is the same lens collar? Thanks, ww

flash

Yep that's the one. Sorry about my poor spelling.

You'll need to pack it out a mm or two with either tape on the lens or inside the ASTAT-SL on the 210mm.

Gordon