3 new lenses due for release tomorrow?? :)

Previous topic - Next topic

flash

:) :)

Of course not. But since we got one of the four promised shall we speculate on when they might actually arrive?

The zoom especially would make a huge difference to me. I'm on an OS trip at the end of August and without the zoom I'll take a Sony kit instead of my X1D. I could get by with the 65mm but the zoom is what I really want now. I'm going to be in a couple of situations where primes are less than ideal (balloon and helicopter flights). The zoom would have been so perfect.

I also suppose that means we wont get the 80mm in the 2nd half of the year.....

Gordon

tcdeveau

I went to a Hasselblad event a week ago.  The rep said he didn't have any information on new products, but that the 65, 80, 135, and 35-75 were expected by the end of the year (2018).  Taking that with a grain of salt as the Hasselblad marketing material said previously that several of those lenses were supposed to be released more or less by now.  Ming Thein stated previously via Facebook some to the effect, at least with the zoom, that they were more focused on "getting it right" than rushing it to market. 

They'll come when they come I guess.

JoeC

Hell, I can't even get the XCD 21mm.  >:(

Joe

tcdeveau

Quote from: JoeC on June 30, 2018, 12:18:13 AM

Hell, I can't even get the XCD 21mm.  >:(

Joe

:(

I wouldn't be surprised if they were prioritizing orders from the HB store, which is where I ordered mine from.  HB store currently says delivery 20-25 business days after payment processed. 

Michael H. Cothran

I don't know how I got mine so quickly from Roberts Camera, but I sure am grateful. And especially when they told me that I was second in line.
Have you tried calling your regional sales rep?? If you don't know who it is. call NJ, and they can tell you, plus give you a contact number.

JoeC

Quote from: Michael H. Cothran on June 30, 2018, 09:02:01 AM
I don't know how I got mine so quickly from Roberts Camera, but I sure am grateful. And especially when they told me that I was second in line.
Have you tried calling your regional sales rep?? If you don't know who it is. call NJ, and they can tell you, plus give you a contact number.

I'd prefer to stick with Roberts (Jody Grober) and B&H since they have very liberal return policies. The Hasselblad regional people are useless when it comes to getting new products. They proved their impotence to me in 2016 and early 2017 when I was near first in line for an X1D. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Joe

Michael H. Cothran

Joe - Steve Goldsmith (1-847-722-3397) is the regional Hasselblad sales rep for Roberts Camera. I initially called Hasselblad, NJ, who gave me Steve's contact info. I reached out to Steve, who then reached out to Roberts. Whatever he did certainly worked out for me. Maybe he can do you some good to get a 21mm in your hands sooner than you can by yourself. He's only a phone call away. Doesn't hurt to call him.

JoeC

Quote from: Michael H. Cothran on July 01, 2018, 07:46:41 AM
Joe - Steve Goldsmith (1-847-722-3397) is the regional Hasselblad sales rep for Roberts Camera. I initially called Hasselblad, NJ, who gave me Steve's contact info. I reached out to Steve, who then reached out to Roberts. Whatever he did certainly worked out for me. Maybe he can do you some good to get a 21mm in your hands sooner than you can by yourself. He's only a phone call away. Doesn't hurt to call him.

Thanks Michael. I'll call him on Monday morning.

Joe

michael123

Quote from: tcdeveau on June 29, 2018, 09:10:50 AM
I went to a Hasselblad event a week ago.  The rep said he didn't have any information on new products, but that the 65, 80, 135, and 35-75 were expected by the end of the year (2018).  Taking that with a grain of salt as the Hasselblad marketing material said previously that several of those lenses were supposed to be released more or less by now.  Ming Thein stated previously via Facebook some to the effect, at least with the zoom, that they were more focused on "getting it right" than rushing it to market. 

They'll come when they come I guess.

Definitely better to do it right, rather than having a dead lens after few click, albeit with a paramount image quality