Any chance for Tangent Control Panels Support inside Phocus?

Previous topic - Next topic

ceoofhell

Hi Everyone,

I am a very happy User of the Tangent Element Panels with Capture One. (I export my Photos as 16-Bit ProPhoto RGB TIF´s out of Phocus and into CP1). I wonder if anyone else would like to see Tangent Support inside Phocus which unfortunately has to be implemented by the Phocus Team.

The Tangent Panels are far superior to Products like Loupedeck and the CP1 Integration is unbelievable as you can see here: https://youtu.be/6Pu0q_HE3XU

I know there a tons of features missing in Phocus that are probably more important but hey, once you had Tangent Element you'll never want to work without it in an Image Processing Tool.

Michael

cucoloris

Yes please - the tangent is the true way to go to keep the attention on the images and not the sliders.

SeanRL

2023 May: Update on this subject...

Tangent now has new screen mapping software that should support Phocus.

If there is interest, I can provide info in this thread.

Sean

Middle2023

Hi Sean,

I am very interested in Tangent Elements / Phocus info.

BR, Axel

SeanRL

Hi Axel,
I'm in the process of exploring this (Tangent Warp engine) and will post when I have more insight.
Basically, this is an attempt by Tangent to make their panels work with any software application that has no Tangent integration.

Some current drawbacks that I'm aware of:
1. Application layout can't change. For example, the pixel coordinates of screen UI elements and screen resolution need to be fixed to be able to map them.
2. Tangent has stated that they won't be supplying scripts for various applications, so with Phocus we'll be on our own.

For anyone who wants to explore, the 'Warp engine' is now part of the 'Tangent Mapper' application.

Sean