XCD 21/4 US Availability

Previous topic - Next topic

Chriscove

Has any one received a XCD 21/4 lens from a retailer in the US other than Hasselblad? I have not seen any availability in any site.

Thanks

BillW

Mine came from Hasselblad and it was very quick. At the time I ordered, the retailers did not even have them listed to order.
Thanks
Bill

JoeC

I got on the Roberts Photo list on May 7 and on the B&H list on May 15 and neither has a lens for me. Still waiting.

Joe

Chriscove

I am on Roberts and Pictureline.

BillW

I questioned whether Hasselblad would fulfill orders placed direct first or distribute units to their retailers as well as direct orders. It appears that retailers are losing out. I am not sure if this is a good marketing plan going forward.
Thanks
Bill

michael123

I see there is one review on B&H, so they are getting some stock

vidio

I also have been waiting for B&H since mid May. I was told by Hasselblad that they ship to dealers at the same time they ship to direct customers but this does not seem to be the case. And there is absolutely no information from either Hasselblad or B&H regarding expected delivery. Just got off the phone with B&H and they told me it is listed as "coming soon." Thanks. That's been on the site for a month and tells you nothing.

bcambern

Mine arrived at Samy's in Santa Barbara yesterday...

Michael H. Cothran

Yes. I ordered the 21mm from Roberts Camera in Indianapolis, IN on May 8th, and received it on June 8th. Have been enjoying it immensely for the past week. Call John Scott, manager.
I cannot say enough good things about John, and also Roberts Camera. First rate all the way. I spoke with John a couple of times on the phone, and he was great to do business with.

vidio

:( Still no word about XCD 21 availability on the US. Just talked yo B&H and they said they check regularly with Hasselblad but there is absolutely no indication from them when it might be available. The New York Hasselblad store was hoping to get a demo model in by July but no word on when they will actually be available to purchase. Oh well.....it would be nice to get some kind of idea.

vidio

Oh me oh my!. When will this lens ship? I guess I am not very good at being patient. :'(  There's a used one on eBay for $6,000!!!

BillW

Am I glad I ordered as soon as it was announced.
Thanks
Bill

vidio

Steve Huff just got one so maybe be that means a shipment is in th US.

MGrayson

I ordered directly from Hasselblad on June 29. It predicted about a one month wait. However, the 21 arrived today!  8)

--Matt

Chriscove

This is pretty frustrating for those who want to support local camera dealers. I think this is a bad idea from Hassy to prioritize their own on line store over local shops....