X2D hardware improvement wishlist

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangomaniac

Sorry, if I'm starting this as a relative newbie, but I didn't find such a thread in the forum, only wishes for firmware improvements.

Since the 100 megapixel Sony sensor in size 44*33 is already available in low numbers, and the prices for the X1D are falling and falling, I'm sure, we'll see very soon (may be even in summer 2018) something like a X1Dmod2, basically a X1D with just the new 100 megapixel sensor.
But what me interests is: What will the next model after this X1Dmod2 bring regarding new hardware? I.e. the X2D? (May be in a year or two?)

My biggest wish would be: An additional focal plane shutter (like in Hasselblads 2000- and 200-models)!
I'd really like to use my CZ Planar 2/110 and the CZ Otus 1,4/85mm and 1,4/55 without the limitations of the electronic shutter on a future X2D. (And Hasselblad could develop a line of ultra-fast lenses with AF without the limitations of the central shutter....) My eyesight is deteriorating...

My second biggest wish would be image stabilisation (via moving the sensor). Even if this would bring "only" two to three light values, this would be fantastic with the high ISO capabilities of the X1D/X2D.  -  More gain doesn't make much sense anyway for my kind of photography: Exposure times longer than 1/30 s would lead to unsharp pictures through movement when taking pictures of people under available light conditions in bad lit rooms.

Wish nr. 3 would be an even better electronic viewfinder (higher resolution, less blackouts).

I'd like to hear, what your wishes for hardware-development are, since we would have to tell Hasselblad now (at latest) to incorporate these wishes into a new model.

Best regards,
Ralf

flash

Not sure where no1 would fit. No2 means a somewhat thicker camera and handling changes. No3 I agree with.

I'd rather see IS in the lenses and a small body, personally.

Maybe add a flippy screen for tripod use.

Remote cable release.

Small add on vertical grip for studio portraits.

GPS built in.

DOF scale on rear screen.

Live histogram in EVF.

Viewfinder from the Leica SL.

USB C charging.

But even if it's much the same I'm in for an X1D 100C.

Gordon