SOLD Mamiya M645 MF 120MM Kit - Great for X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

Conner999

First FS post here, but H5D coming at month's end and lots of references on other forums.  We're in midst of a long-overdue gear-closet purge (Profoto gear, Nikon-mount Otus 85mm, etc) before more Hassy GAS kicks-in ;>

For sale is a near mint Mamiya M645 120mm APO Macro Lens w/ M645 Ext Tube #2 (call it app. 25mm) - ideal for use on an X1D via the right adapter (a Fotodiox Mamiya-Nikon adapters can be included (see below) if buyer also shoots Nikon).

Apparently the 120M will go to 1:1 on the GFXs (sans tube) while the Fuji 120 & Hassy 120s only goes to 1:2. I would assume given the sensor, this lens would also go 1:1 on the X1D.

The Mamiya 120M is renowned for its sharpness, color correction and exceptional color tonality.  I've used some premium Mamiya M645 glass (e.g. 80 /1.9, 80/4 Macro, 120/4 macro, 150/2.8A, 200/2.8APO) on Nikon for a while for some personal work and the 120M is my last such lens and it's a reluctant parting, but I just don't use it enough. It is sweet glass.

One thing about this lens I love is that placing accurate focus is a bloody dodel.  The lens has so much micro-contrast wide open that you can easily see the focus plane shift fore & aft in even a D800e viewfinder. It only gets easier with VF or rear screen LV.

This unit is indistinguishable from new in terms of glass, barrel and focus smoothness.

Lens comes with:
-------------------
1. A Mamiya M645 #2 extension Tube (call it ~25mm). With the tube between the lens and adapter below, you can fill a 24x36mm sensor with a human eye from about 1' away. The tube has some minor indications of on the barrel, but a non-event.

2. Optional: A Fotodiox Mamiya-Nikon F adapter is available for an additional $25

Being an old-school M645 lens, the image circle of the 120M will more than cover the sensor of an X1D.

Included will be a front cap. For some bizarre reason I no longer have a spare M645 rear cap, but the rear element will ship with some cap-equivalent. Once mounted to a X1D adapter, an X1D lens rear cap will protect it. 

If an Nikon adapter is purchased as well, one will come mounted on the lens with a Nikon-compatible cap. The very recessed front element means the lens doesn't require a hood and none came with it new.

Price of US$350 (lens & tube) includes shipping by Canada Post Normal Post in NA. Europe pays based on estimate. Payment by EMT if in Canada or by PP (add 3.5%). 

Pics to follow