X1D with h6d-100c sensor

Previous topic - Next topic

eyedear

Any one here thinks hasselblad would come out wit an X1D with a 40.5 x 53.4mm sensors. Is it possible at all. What you guys think.

rent

Unlikely because that would deprecate the entire XCD line of lenses.
Alex Jiang

Instagram

rent

Think I should put an asterisk next to my previous statement. The assumption was that the XCD image circles are just enough to cover the 44x33 sensor. I'm pretty sure that's the case, but I do not have proof.  :P

Quote from: rent on April 07, 2018, 04:17:46 AM
Unlikely because that would deprecate the entire XCD line of lenses.
Alex Jiang

Instagram

BillW

I find it unlikely. It would also impact sales of their current H6D camera. I am very pleased with how my lowly X1D performs.
Thanks
Bill

Michael H. Cothran

I doubt it too, simply because the X1D was designed around the 33x44mm sensor. I doubt there's room inside the current body, or lens throat, to install a larger sensor. Now, that's not to say that Hasselblad can't come up with a 100 mpix sensor @ the same size (33x44), but, in doing so, the individual sensors would have to be much smaller than they currently are, which, in turn, would adversely affect the image quality.

eyedear

I think the X1D is almost perfect. I do find that I still prefer my images from the h4d-50 which has a bigger sensor although the high iso performance is horrible. Looking at the mount and comparing it to the Sony A series camera I think it's entirely possible that the 40.5 x 54mm sensor would fit. The only issue is whether the XCD lenses would cover the sensor is unknown.
Here are some wish list for the X1D
1. Higher resolution  and higher refresh EVF
2. Articulated LCD screen
3. Instant boot up time
4. Global shutter
5. IBIS in body

One more thing. Do you think the pixels count is too high. I find that with my h4d-50 6 micron pixels I can stop down to f16 and not worry about defraction at all. Even at f22 it's still very good. But with the 100mpix h6d I find that you will start to hit refraction limit around f13. Would love to see fatter and deeper pixels.
What you guys think

Anyway great to hear all the feedback for such a vague post :) ;) :) ;)

tcdeveau

It might be possible but I doubt it would utilize the full sensor as I am under the impression XCD lenses were designed for 33mmx44mm.

I thought the V1D concept they showed awhile back was a 75mp camera that used a crop of the H6D-100c sensor with X mount lenses. If they took that approach, that may lead to a camera with more resolution than 50mp but not too much, while giving larger pixels than the 33mmx44mm pixels.