OS

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Hi Guys
Just a periodic survey of what OS's people are using.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Alex Maxim

unbelievable... Are PC users asleep at the moment or there are really so few of them?  :o I wonder why.

NickT

I confess I'm very surprised at the results so far, 86.6 % 83.2% Mac.
I know Mac has enjoyed something of a renaissance of late but this is amazing..

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Dustbak

I have been a long time PC user (before 2.0 and before that even CP/M) but for the last 3 years over to the Mac. Best PC I ever used, I run Windows when I need to in a window :) (Parallells).

goldie

Mac for sure!

G.

BobDavid

silvesterkok

Only the statistics of Microsoft will tell you 99.9% of the world uses Windows, but in the real world things look a lot brighter...

Mac since 1984, and still have the 128k running...

Have a great evening

Silvester

arminw

Long live the mac ..... !
You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

s.agar

big surprise.

I'm one of the only 2 users with Vista.
Take good care of us, the extinct species.

Actually, Hasselblad may stop producing windows versions of Phocus, just by sending us new Mac computers as gifts.
I wouldn't refuse that. and they will reduce the costs considerably.

Seyhun
H3DII, M8, Canon 5DII, NEX-3 
Camera collector, over 500 items.
http://seyhun.com/

Alex Maxim

There is also Windows 7 x64 which is not released yet but is already better than XP and vista. I have tested it with Phocus already.
Maybe things will change with its release  :-[

Or maybe it's all just because of a powered firewire port on macbooks  ;)

OMRA

One of the few XP users,

I do love that powered firewire port on Mac, but the new monitors :-\

whats you guys think????
Regards
Octavio Alcantara

Chris Gahran

When I went digital in 1994 I moved to the Mac platform and never looked back...

Chris Gahran

gfkreplin

If you have to use CS4, windows 64x with 8 or more gigs of Ram really flies.  I use a mac book pro for location -OS 10.5.6.  I don't know why there is so much fuss between mac and windows.  If you keep windows clean, running defrag, etc. there are few problems.  As a Rotarian I am very impressed with Bill Gates and his foundation- having given more more than 350 million in the past three years to help rotary International wipe out the remaining cases of polio in 14 countries.

I know it is Passe, but I support a product not only because of quality, but because of the moral standing a corporate entity adopts for doing good in our world community.  So, the next time one thinks about bashing windows, consider whether Steve Jobs has been devoted to moral causes worldwide as Bill Gates and family have done, so aptly.  :)
Dr. Camera

perjorgen

I use 32 bit XP on a laptop and there are two things I miss
1. powered firewire 800
2. memory management - the 32 bit windows versions are awfull at handling large memory blocks but I think the 64 bit versions got much better

symonshatton

Mac OS 10.5 on Mac Pro, Mac OS 10.4 on MacBook pro.

Brian
(Symons hatton)