Faulty shutter release

Previous topic - Next topic

BillW

After suffering through two trips to Hasselblad for repair of my SD card door hinge, I now have an issue with my shutter release. It will not trip the shutter all the time even on manual focus when it should every time. You can push as hard as you wish and it will not actuate. I had noticed that in AF, it would focus and the inner white focus area would go green like it should but if I further pushed the shutter button, it would go to white and not work unless I release and again pushed the shutter. Sometimes it would trip unexpectedly and sometimes it would work just like it should. If I used the self timer, it would actuate every time with no issues. Hasselblad USA is shipping it to Sweden for repair. BUMMER!!!!
Thanks
Bill

BillW

My X1D is on its way back from the mother ship. I hope it has been resolved. I will advise once it arrives. Hopefully they will tell me what they did to it.
Thanks
Bill

danX

how was your SD card door hinge goes? is it now made by metal? if you can share us a picture will be great... thanks

BillW

My SD door hinge was repaired a few weeks ago. Contrary to what other might have said, it is not metal, it is the same plastic as the original. Some have said it is a better type of plastic but I have no way to tell. So far it has not cracked again but of course my X1D is coming back from Sweden. I have asked the facility in NJ to make sure the hinge is not cracked again.
Thanks
Bill

BillW

My X1D is being collected tomorrow (I'm in London) for the SD door hinge replacement. Hasselblad are also going to sort out the extreme tightness of my XCD 120 lens hood that hardly goes on the lens at all. Both should be back in a few days'. Fortunately I don't have to return my stuff to Sweden. Hasselblad supplies the couriers both ways.
[/quote]

Hope you get them back soon. I will advise on my repair as soon as it arrives. Probably next week.
Thanks
Bill

hcubell

Quote from: galoubet on March 15, 2018, 01:41:22 AM
Quote from: BillW on March 14, 2018, 03:35:56 PM
My SD door hinge was repaired a few weeks ago.

My X1D is being collected tomorrow (I'm in London) for the SD door hinge replacement. Hasselblad are also going to sort out the extreme tightness of my XCD 120 lens hood that hardly goes on the lens at all. Both should be back in a few days'. Fortunately I don't have to return my stuff to Sweden. Hasselblad supplies the couriers both ways.

I had the same issue with the lens hood for my XCD 120mm. I could get it on but I could not get it off. There are obviously QC issues with the lens hoods. Just crazy, as the tolerances aren't THAT critical on a lens hood. The lens itself is exceptional, but they can't get the lens hood right. I just returned the lens rather than dealing with a warranty claim.

tcdeveau

Quote from: galoubet on March 15, 2018, 02:36:37 AM
Quote from: hcubell on March 15, 2018, 02:09:28 AM
I just returned the lens rather than dealing with a warranty claim.

This way is a lot easier than returning the whole lens to my supplier. After all Hasselblad do all the courier work. And I'll only be without my equipment for a few days. I have a good relationship with H in the UK; they've always been most helpful.

The only funny thing is that H wants me to return the XCD 120 lens and the hood. Why? You've guessed it - they don't have a spare lens to try the hood on!

Sadly in the US, Hasselblad does no courier work and it is up to the customer to ship the equipment back at the customers expense (shipping and insurance)  :( If it can't be repaired state-side and has to go back to Sweden for repair, it also adds a few weeks to the servicing time. 

BillW

Hasselblad NJ did pay for my shipping when the first attempt to repair my door hinge crack came back cracked in two places. When my shutter release had an issue, I had to pay for shipping to NJ. They shipped it to Sweden.
Thanks
Bill

rent

Quote from: tcdeveau on March 15, 2018, 03:08:10 AM
Sadly in the US, Hasselblad does no courier work and it is up to the customer to ship the equipment back at the customers expense (shipping and insurance)  :( If it can't be repaired state-side and has to go back to Sweden for repair, it also adds a few weeks to the servicing time.

HasselbladBron (US) did pay for the second trip to get my control dials repaired (after an email protesting their policy). I really think it's ridiculous to have customers pay for shipping for warranty services, especially in cases of these clear manufacturing defects. I think we should all protest loudly every time this issue arises.

Alex
Alex Jiang

Instagram

BillW

My X1D arrived back from Hasselblad today after its month long trip around the world. Canot really tell what they repaired from the invoice but it appears to work correctly so far. I have owned it for three months and it has spent two months back for warranty work on three occasions. They sent me a Hasselblad book bag and a neck lanyard for my troubles....Whoopee.....! 
Thanks
Bill

jwillson

Sorry it's been such a rough start for you and your camera.  Hope it performs for you from here on out.

- Jared

BillW

Quote from: jwillson on March 28, 2018, 10:04:22 AM
Sorry it's been such a rough start for you and your camera.  Hope it performs for you from here on out.

- Jared
Thanks Jared, So far it has worked like it should. I did the lens firmware update without any issues.
Thanks
Bill