● Temporarily deactivating focus peaking

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitric

Hello -

I use the focus peaking on X1D (I only use the MF), however when I want to visualize ONLY the image on the screen, I remove all the information that clutters the screen. The thing is I cannot remove the focus peaking and in some cases this can be quite troubling because the whole screen appears pink because everything is in focus.

Is there an easy way to remove the focus peaking temporarily without having to go back to the menu to deactivate it?

Thank you

- Dimitri

siddhaarta

You could define a preset (C1/C2/C3) without focus peaking. Changing the dial would be kind of quicker than changing in the menu.

sanglier

Hello, I want to manually adjust my focus to infinity, to take the starry sky. How to do it, because we do not see anything in the viewfinder. How to position the lens to infinity?
Thank you

Cliff S

Too bad we can't program a button to move the lens focus to infinity. Then we can manually adjust from there

Michael H. Cothran

One thing I don't understand about the XCD lenses is why there are no stopping points at the closest and farthest settings.

hcubell

Quote from: siddhaarta on January 22, 2018, 08:37:38 AM
You could define a preset (C1/C2/C3) without focus peaking. Changing the dial would be kind of quicker than changing in the menu.

Thanks. Good suggestion. I have run into this "issue" before, as I find  the focus peaking a visual distraction when I am composing, as opposed to focusing.

rent

My guess is that it's due to the drive-by-wire nature of the XCD focusing mechanism. It might be possible, but probably too complex or cost-prohibitive to make a drive-by-wire mechanism to behave like the purely mechanical ones.

Quote from: Michael H. Cothran on January 23, 2018, 08:03:24 AM
One thing I don't understand about the XCD lenses is why there are no stopping points at the closest and farthest settings.
Alex Jiang

Instagram

Dimitric

Hello Siddhaarta -

Quote from: siddhaarta on January 22, 2018, 08:37:38 AM

Thank you for the trick.
But personally, I think that in a next firmware, Hasselblad® should give us the option to "hidden/desactive" temporarily de focus peaking.
Example by pressing another time the little "screen" button. It works like that on some of the Leica® I have. And it's perfect.

- Dimitri

asfeir

Quote from: sanglier on January 23, 2018, 03:54:28 AM
Hello, I want to manually adjust my focus to infinity, to take the starry sky. How to do it, because we do not see anything in the viewfinder. How to position the lens to infinity?
Thank you

Best way: put a tape covering the focusing barrel and the fixed part of the lens so that the focusing barrel does not turn anymore, use auto-focusing to focus on a very distant object, shift to manual focus, and there you go, the lens is now focused at infinity provide you keep in in MF mode.