Ultimate Guide for Adapted lenses (Updated 01/02/18)

Previous topic - Next topic

ropo

X1D w Voigtlander 15mm III.  Definite vignetting in corners, but colors are quite nice. This is maybe a 50% crop.

retcheto

I'm totally new to Hasselblad so I really have no clue. I need a telephoto option, has anyone tried a Leica R 180mm Apo-telyt on the X1D? Will the image circle cover it?

I don't want to do any cropping and like to stay as 'native' to the system as possible. Would I be better off getting an HC 210mm maybe? Or waiting for the XCD 135mm?

JoeC

Quote from: retcheto on April 18, 2018, 05:14:42 AM
I'm totally new to Hasselblad so I really have no clue. I need a telephoto option, has anyone tried a Leica R 180mm Apo-telyt on the X1D? Will the image circle cover it?

I don't want to do any cropping and like to stay as 'native' to the system as possible. Would I be better off getting an HC 210mm maybe? Or waiting for the XCD 135mm?

I have the Leica R 180mm APO-Elmarit f/2.8 and the HC 210. I prefer the HC 210 with the XH adapter even though the combination is much larger and heavier than the Leica R lens. The Leica R lens requires the use of electronic shutter which is best used when the subject isn't moving (at all) and when the lighting isn't artificial lighting. The HC 210 requires manual focus and a tripod for best results, but I have used it handheld and with a monopod. There is a collar/foot sold by ppl.de, a German company, that is ideal for the XH adapter.

I'm anxiously awaiting the XCD 135mm, too. But I may be waiting a long, long time.

Joe

Spo

Re the Mamiya 645 110mm f2.8, can anyone who uses this advise. Is this the older version such as here? If so seems like a good shout

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263613049205

BostonBoy

Got the HAX / LEM (New! Version of the Novoflex X1D to Leica M) Adapter last night. Ran a quick test. The Novoflex Adapater is solid as always, but the first lens I picked, my old Leica Noctilux V3 from 1982, is entirely unusable. Pictures attached. Will run some additional test with other M lenses as time allows. Mind you, this is the strong vignette in 6x6 mode. Cool in it's own right, but not what I had expected after seeing some excellent results with other lenses (including my own FF Nikon lenses).

Too bad.

tristan

Try as hard as I damn can, it just seems like there's no way to mount an F mount lens to the XCD. It looks like it's not possible?

BostonBoy

I'm using the Nikon F mount adapter from Novoflex with various old Nikon glass with excellent results - within the limitations of the X1D, like 300ms sensor readout times. Pls see my postings above. For now my results are actually better than using the Leica M glass with a different Novoflex adapter.

Hausen

Has anyone tried the Pentax P67 75mm shift? This lens intrigues me for my long exposure panorama work.

Hausen

Well I decided to get the Pentax P67 75 shift and it works really well. I love shift lenses for my long exposure panoramic pics. It is a big piece of glass but it is a really clever piece of kit the way the shift works. I am a little annoyed my Fotodiox adaptor which I purchased because of the tripod foot is very loose on the camera side. My insta feed has a triptic I shot today should anyone be interested in this lens. @fotoflonz

hummus

Tried the following lenses:

Old 55 Nikon Micro - excellent sharpness, slight vignetting at all appertures.
Much better micro contrast and sharpness compared to 45mm XCD, the latter quite honestly was a major disappointment within the system. Not as usable for Macro compared to 120 though due to close proximity, but great overall lens.

Nikon 85 tilt shift - not as sharp as 120mm xcd, but otherwise quite ok

Pentax 645 lenses, manual, all show no vignette:
35 mm - softer and less contrasty compared to 30mm xcd, but close to 45mm xcd, plus-minus
120 mm - noticably softer than 120mm xcd
Pentax 645 45-85 autofocus old - about as good as Pentax 35mm.

fotophil

After experiencing a loose tripod mounting plate and a lens flange plate that actually detached from the adapter body, I returned my Fotodiox Adapters for Locklite Thread Sealing Treatment.