Phocus wish list

Previous topic - Next topic

cunim

Items for tethered operation.  Implement bracketing, and make the tethered mode usable while one tends to a view camera or Hasselblad without software controlled focus/aperture.

1. Exposure bracketing with electronic shutter.  Exposure trigger should activate the Rollei controller while retaining its "advanced feature" settings.
2. Exposure bracketing with manual shutters.  Provide bracketing mode in the exposure menu and selectable delay time to cock the shutter between shots.
2. Hold last aperture setting when liveview selected.  It now jumps to f22 much of the time (but not all).
3. Dealyed exposure setting.  Have a delayed exposure mode with audible warning.  This could be <cntrl-M> instead of <cntrl-N>.  Would let us get away from the computer to move lights during the exposure.
4. Remote interface.  Interface to a cheap windows and mac RF remote control so that we can work from up on a ladder, etc.  Best thing would be something like a Windows Media Center remote with exposure time on the forward and rewind buttons, exposure trigger on play, etc. 
5. Remote interface, phase 2.  Many of these devices are bidirectional now, so it would be easy to show a camera control window on the remote's display.  A local home theater guy programs more complex things every day. 

aikbo

I would like to be able to work on files while focus is doing something else in the background eq importing or exporting. It is possible in aperture so why not in Phocus

NickT

It is certainly possible to work on files on Phocus while others are queued for export and I assume the same for import (though I don't thik I've ever tried it.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

KeithL

I understand that DAC lens corrections take into account focus distance. Having discussed this with other Hasselblad users it would appear that I'm not alone in wanting to see this measurement, if possible, included in the camera data.

Thanks

Keith

Phil G

To be able to stamp with © info or watermark graphic so can export to email jpegs without having to import into Aperture or Lightroom to perform this simple function

Phil
Photography is not just an end in its self but a powerful vehicle for Learning

yongsikshin

Output profile preview on the main viewer.

right now it's difficult to see whether I'm working on matching color profiles or not.

pchong

To be able to switch on or off Ultra Focus corrections when shots are done on manual focus mode. As it is now, I understand the Ultra Focus is not use the aperture info to calculate the actual focal point when in manual AF mode.

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Virtual horizon which Phase has. Apparently, the back can tell you when it is level. that would be such a good feature for me. I'm forever wrestling with trying to get a level horizon and often still get it wrong. My very expensive Arca Cube is useless, and the grid screen, while good, is still limited.

This would be the equivalent of True Focus for the landscape photographer.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Derek Jecxz

I gave up wishing for this and purchased a hot-shoe bubble level, and now everything is straight. I carry several with me because I lose them sometimes. (I never use a bubble level on the tripod because I use a ball head.) But it's a fantastic idea and I'm sure the body already has the sensor to know if it's level. Be well.

EDIT: I saw your post at getgeepeeI and the advice to use an app with the iPhone; this is what I use:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/263729-REG/Manfrotto_337_337_2_Axis_Flash_Hot.html

Kind regards,
Derek

Quote from: Jeff on August 07, 2010, 11:39:26 AM
Virtual horizon which Phase has. Apparently, the back can tell you when it is level. that would be such a good feature for me. I'm forever wrestling with trying to get a level horizon and often still get it wrong. My very expensive Arca Cube is useless, and the grid screen, while good, is still limited.

This would be the equivalent of True Focus for the landscape photographer.

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Thanks Derek. I have a few of these too. I was hoping that the Cube at close to $A3K would have accurate bubbles but it would appear that my expectations were too high. I might have to go back to the tried and true hot shoe bubble.

This is the first time that I have ever had Phase envy. Apparently, you turn it on and it beeps at you when it is level. The camera already has the tilt sensor, so it is a firmware fix. I think dentists around the world would be forever grateful.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

rem

There ar some issues I miss, but first I would be happy when Phocus works whithout breaking down alll 5-10 Min when checking or working with files. Thats tthes reason why I make more pictures again with the Nikons...
(nearly new Powermac 8core, 12gig Ram). No problem with any other software... remo

Alastair Bird

Not sure if this has been noted before...

...but when I'm importing cards to Phocus, it would be great if it could remember the previous import, in terms of the frame number.  For instance, I shove in Card One, tweak the import dialogue to my preferences. (all are sticky, thanks) and import 73 files. Then, I put in Card Two and everything is perfect, EXCEPT that the numbering has been reset to '1'.  Now, if I wasn't paying attention (and I wasn't) I have to cancel out, go back to the program, make a note as to how many files were previously imported and then re-start the dialogue and input the correct frame number.  Is there a way to have the frame number sticky?

Alastair Bird

Quote from: Alastair Bird on August 17, 2010, 12:28:59 PM
Not sure if this has been noted before...

...but when I'm importing cards to Phocus, it would be great if it could remember the previous import, in terms of the frame number.  For instance, I shove in Card One, tweak the import dialogue to my preferences. (all are sticky, thanks) and import 73 files. Then, I put in Card Two and everything is perfect, EXCEPT that the numbering has been reset to '1'.  Now, if I wasn't paying attention (and I wasn't) I have to cancel out, go back to the program, make a note as to how many files were previously imported and then re-start the dialogue and input the correct frame number.  Is there a way to have the frame number sticky?

...but I just shoved in a new card and the filename was sticky.  So now I'm confused - in one instance it was sticky, in another it was not.  hmmmm

Dustbak

This is a thing that had me puzzled for awhile as well. This works but... you have to import to the same directory and the same naming scheme. This way it will continue numbering. I still am not entirely convinced, sofar a scheme like 'name+date+sequence' seems to work the best for archival purposes.

Stonemonkey

I have harped on these before so I apologize to those of you who have seen these suggestions in other forums.

1) I would like to see a return of the Eye Droppers to the Tone Curve. I want all three Black, Neutral and White. We use these many times a day to optimize our images for print.

2) Please simplify the Crop Tool by allowing us to input the values we need manually and a simple lock icon so that when the crop is resized that values stay the same. Right now one has to use 2 different menus to achieve this result.

3) I would like to save all of the Capture, Adjust and Export settings in one setup file. One would only have to select the file (Web) and all of the settings would automatically reset to the saved values. This would really help streamline quick paced production shooting. (if this is already possible, someone please let me know how to do it)

Thank you

Brian