Phocus wish list

Previous topic - Next topic

Alastair Bird

Would love to be able to force a file to be processed next. For instance, I'm processing out several hundred files from a previous project, and I'm shooting one right now where I need some quick JPeg previews. Would love to be able to force Phocus to process them next and then go back to the other queue.

grandguru

Quote from: Bill L. on December 26, 2010, 06:25:35 AM
As I sit here weeding through photos from my last trip, I am again reminded that I would love a "sticky note" of similar function that would allow me to create a brief note on the file, preferably with a little icon on on next to the thumbnail to show that I had made a note.  There are things that I'd love to note such as "consider conversion to B&W", Next 5 files are for stitched pano, next 5 files are for focus blending, etc.  That would definitely help my file management in Phocus.

Cheers,
Bill

Why set your sites so low. Try this, add an appropriate keyword to the images you want to select, could be an acronym meaning much more than a single word. You could add more than one keyword. Then just write the keyword into the search bar and all the pictures in folder that have that key word will be displayed. This way or sorting images beats the IAA and star system by miles and has an unlimited numbers of levels.

fotostig

Autocheck for both Phocus updates and camera firmware

Steve C

Would be nice if Phocus would use different colors (red, green) for selected vs non-selected items in the Tool Bar such as Viewer, Browser, Thumbnails, Tools, Highlight Warning, Shadow Warning, Zoom Tool, Hand Tool etc.  I can never remember if light grey or lighter grey is on or off.  When viewing thumbnails on my monitor, I often enlarge them to see better.  If I double click on one to see it alone in the Viewer, then try to return to Thumbnails, the thumbnails are all at the minimum size again.  Is there a trick to making the enlargement factor stick.  I am on Mac OS 10.6.6  Also, sometimes I download files, convert, rate, and adjust photos in the field on my laptop and would like to transfer this information to the desktop when home.  Can this be done somehow?  Thanks for your expert advice.

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Of all the wishes, I just want a selectable background. I would even settle for a mid-tone grey, just not black. I always have to guess how my image is going to look once it is in PS.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

fotostig

Not my first on the list, but options for making contact-sheets would also be nice.

alexkent

Quote from: fotostig on February 22, 2011, 11:55:29 PM
Not my first on the list, but options for making contact-sheets would also be nice.

you can print and export contact sheets now, but it's not entirely obvious: (instructions are on Mac, but i presume something similar is possible on PC)

With the thumbnails you want to include in your contact sheet selected (make sure the Thumbnail view is 'hilighted' not the main Viewer)
Then hit File > Print
Then in the Phocus print options you can switch between 'Full Image' and 'Contact Sheet'.
You can save this contact sheet as a PDF by hitting the PDF button in the bottom left corner of the Print dialog (the Save as PDF...).

alex.

David Grover

Quote from: Steve C on February 09, 2011, 12:06:31 PM
Would be nice if Phocus would use different colors (red, green) for selected vs non-selected items in the Tool Bar such as Viewer, Browser, Thumbnails, Tools, Highlight Warning, Shadow Warning, Zoom Tool, Hand Tool etc.  I can never remember if light grey or lighter grey is on or off.  When viewing thumbnails on my monitor, I often enlarge them to see better.  If I double click on one to see it alone in the Viewer, then try to return to Thumbnails, the thumbnails are all at the minimum size again.  Is there a trick to making the enlargement factor stick.  I am on Mac OS 10.6.6  Also, sometimes I download files, convert, rate, and adjust photos in the field on my laptop and would like to transfer this information to the desktop when home.  Can this be done somehow?  Thanks for your expert advice.

Steve,

Have you tried using Layouts to switch between different views?  You could create a large Thumbnails one and swap back and forth. 

Any adjustments / ratings etc are stored within the 3F files.  If you copy them over to another computer, then this information will stick.

Jacephoto

Dear Santa,

i wish that Hasselblad build a syst (wifi, bluetooth or something), to transmit images from the body to my ipad. Then in such a way, they dont have to build a 4" LCD monitor on the camera. The battery on camera will also last longer.

Thanks Santa...  :D

David Grover

...the battery would be over in a flash with WiFi.  ;)

bzb

Quote from: Jeff on February 14, 2011, 05:28:40 PM
Of all the wishes, I just want a selectable background. I would even settle for a mid-tone grey, just not black. I always have to guess how my image is going to look once it is in PS.

:P oh, yes please! it's fundamental for adjusting...

Dustbak

I would love to see the ability to make a camera profile. Shoot an X-rite card or even a color checker passport and have Phocus create a camera profile from it automatically. I noticed the H4D60 is particularly weak in the reds, profiling ability would be nice.

I know I can do it manually which is exactly what I do right now but it is a PITA.

Dustbak

A correct WB is not going to help you when the camera renders specific colors in a wrong way with certain lighting conditions. This is when you profile the camera in that lighting condition.

Dustbak

I think it must have been mentioned before numerous times but one of my biggest current wishes is the ability to make local adjustments. I would love to locally adjust EV values and recovery (or other things but these 2 are most valuable IMO). I hate having to process files sometimes twice with different EV values and having to combine and blend them in PS.

SteveK

I do not understand why Phocus does not use a cache for the picture previes and full views.

Right now scrolling down lots of pictures allways causes Phocus to recreate the thumbs and also the full view if a picture is selected. i.e. the Adobe Bridge creates a cache for previews and full views which makes it much faster to work with bunches of pictures. It can not be that complicated to implement this.

Also there seems to be some bug with the Phocus view mode of pictures. They turn out to be slightly unsharp in full (fitted) view, but when switching to 100% and then back to full (fitted) view they appear obviously sharper. Can anybody confirm this?