Phocus wish list

Previous topic - Next topic

David Grover

Quote from: Dick Roadnight on October 13, 2010, 08:32:56 AM
I asked David Grover and Chris Russel-Fish today,,, but can we have direct control of Sinar eShutters from Phocus? (As is already possible with Schneider Electronic Shutters).

I think you will find that Sinar are not interested in sharing the shutter control to other companies.

Dick Roadnight

Quote from: David Grover on October 13, 2010, 07:21:50 PM
Quote from: Dick Roadnight on October 13, 2010, 08:32:56 AM
I asked David Grover and Chris Russel-Fish today,,, but can we have direct control of Sinar eShutters from Phocus? (As is already possible with Schneider Electronic Shutters).

I think you will find that Sinar are not interested in sharing the shutter control to other companies.
Hi, David,

Thanks for the Hasselbuddy Phocus 2.6 Seminar yesterday... very informative - have you put it all on a Phocus video tutorial?

The eShutters are supposed to be Schneider compatible, so the might be phocus (plug) compatible etc.

If they want to sell their shutters they need to make them compatible.

They are encouraging us all to to convert all or old lenses.
H4D-60, 50-100mm, 300mm, CF, Flexbody, P3

KeithL

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on October 13, 2010, 11:46:48 AM
Yes, the whatever tool would be really cool!

I've always had problems with lasso and wands but the whatever tool, as I envisage it, would automatically select whatever I had in mind.

Got to be a winner.

;D

NickT

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

KeithL

Quote from: NickT on October 14, 2010, 08:58:28 AM
Here's the icon for it:

...and that's exactly how I envisaged it!

KeithL

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on October 14, 2010, 04:16:32 AM
The whatever tool will also be a keyboard shortcut activated by pressing Ctrl-A + Alt-W + M followed by Space Bar and clicking the image with the mouse. From there you can do whatever you want.

Thanks, Derek, appreciated.

Can some kind soul now suggest how I can untie the reef knot that was once my fingers? 

KeithL

Fingers successfully untied.

I used the whatever tool.

pchong

not sure if this has been covered, a search for "dodge and burn" doesn't show anything...

how about a dodge and burn tool for Phocus? And then the ability to export the resulting file as a psd layers like moire, so further work can be done in PS. I think it might be better to work the dodge and burn directly on the raw file. Though if we liken the raw to the negative, then the dodge and burn is carried out during printing...so perhaps the equivalent would be to do the process if needed in a post processing sw like PS? What do you guys think?

jungwy73

I need

Flip horizontal like a flexcolor

Proof color CMYK like a flexcolor

Flexible color correction like a flexcolor

Preview shot  like a flexcolor

More flexible curve

Color live video

Fast export processing

More upgrade clarity tool like a C1 pro

Free layout for dual monitor

Lens distortion correction

Use plug in other company (example Nik color Efex.....)

HDR processing

Phocus is too heavy and slow

cunim

Here's one for movement users.  Do live view with a split screen.  Takes forever to zoom up the near focus point, zoom down, move zoom circle to far focus point, zoom up, repeat.

Allow two live view displays, side by side, with independent zoom views.  Would make tilts and swings much easier.

Alastair Bird

I would love a colour editor like the one in, ahem, C1... But also, (and more reasonably, I think) I've just started using Growl with DropBox, CS5, Transmit, Net News Wire, and it's awfully nice to have a little note when the program does something, or finishes a task.  Is it possible that Phocus could be programmed to offer Growl updates?

raffa

I have 2 suggestions:

- low(er) resolution live video: the actual live video is sluggish. it would be great to have an half- or quarter-resolution live view preview, just to speed up things! then you could switch to the full live video on-the-fly, if needed. I hope this is possible with the current hardware, I assume if the sensor outputs only half the data, it will be faster (or not?)

- cropping during live video: when you select a crop and ratios in the shots, it would be great that also the following live video will honour the crop. even better, it could behave just like the normal crop: when selected you also see the uncropped portion grayed-out, then you can crop it if you want. of course, if you use the crop in the live video it should be applied in the final shot (as always)

Bill L.

As I sit here weeding through photos from my last trip, I am again reminded that I would love a "sticky note" of similar function that would allow me to create a brief note on the file, preferably with a little icon on on next to the thumbnail to show that I had made a note.  There are things that I'd love to note such as "consider conversion to B&W", Next 5 files are for stitched pano, next 5 files are for focus blending, etc.  That would definitely help my file management in Phocus.

Cheers,
Bill

raffa

new suggestion:

the hassy approval rating is great, but it would be even more useful if the color would be reflected with the Finder's labels (Mac only feature).
this way if you tag a photo with the green, yellow or red "dot" in Phocus, you could also tell the color just looking at the Finder - the file name would be highlighted in green, yellow or red.
this should be an option in the prefs, though.
I think this would be a timesaver and a great little feature.

Steve C

+1 on the sticky note.  Doesn't the camera back have a speaker and microphone?  A simple recording attached to the raw file would be extremely useful and easier than trying to type something.