Another 1.19 Custom Function Glitch

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

With the new Custom Functions available, I set the Stop Down button to Self Timer. Two issues occur -

1. Sometimes I can turn the ST on or off with the Stop Down button as needed, and sometimes it decides to activate my AE-L rather than turning the ST on or off.

2. When I turn the camera off, then back on again, the Custom Function resorts back to DOF for the Stop Down button. So each time I turn the camera on, I have to go back into Custom Functions and reset it to Self Timer.

Anyone else experiencing this behavior?

PS - I also experience this same issue when changing the focus point size. I set the size to 2.8mm, but when I turn the camera off, then back on again, it has resorted back to 4mm.
Again, is this normal, or a malfunction?

Domip

I'm also using this self timer function under DOF button. No problem here; the custom function stays as it was set.

Michael H. Cothran

Well, once again, for the second time within a month, Hasselblad's tech dept has solved a problem with my X1D. I did the same firmware retry for this current glitch, and the problem went away. My camera now holds the custom button settings after turning off, then back on. But I can't help but keep thinking that a camera of this high caliber should not be having any glitches at all. And that said, I've still got one major glitch left to fix.

Shar, Paul, and Anthony are great, and they go out of their way to help you. And I am sure glad they're there when I need them. But...

They're like my dentist - I appreciate what he & his staff do for me, but the less I need his services, the better... ;D

Michael H. Cothran

Sorry. Please ignore.