240 DPI instead of 300 DPI?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacephoto

I was looking through the files recently and found that the files (FFF>DNG>PSD) is at 240 DPI.

Isnt it 300 DPI usually? DId i do something wrong?

Thanks.

Dustbak

For some reason Adobe had set the default value for dpi at 240. You can change this in your ACR settings. Open a DNG file, at the bottom in the center you will see  a 'link' where the value 240ppi will be. Click at it, change the value to 300ppi and it is set.

Most of the people I work for prefer 300dpi, actually they are quite annoyed when sometimes Adobe resets the value back to 240 and they have to change it again. Yes, 240 might be good enough but if people mostly want to use 300 it surprises me why the default is set to something else.

Jacephoto

Quote from: Dustbak on June 04, 2009, 08:14:27 PM
For some reason Adobe had set the default value for dpi at 240. You can change this in your ACR settings. Open a DNG file, at the bottom in the center you will see  'link' where the value 240ppi will be. Click at it, change the value to 300ppi and it is set.

Most of the people I work for prefer 300dpi, actually they are quite annoyed when sometimes Adobe resets the value back to 240 and they have to change it again. Yes, 240 might be good enough but if people mostly want to use 300 it surprises me why the default is set to something else.

Thanks Dustbak, yr information is certainly helpful. I will try it.