Electronic shutter imminent

Previous topic - Next topic

ganesh

cementjungle

I did the update, and I must say that I'm very happy about the new features.

I did some basic shooting with the electronic shutter, so far just with "normal" outdoor lighting conditions. There's no difference in image quality, and its almost completely silent. There's still a faint click sound, but not the clunking sounds as with the mechanical shutter. I have to think that this will lessen the wear and tear on the hardware's moving parts if I can use this feature whenever possible.

I also love the smaller AF square, and am happy that it stays set that way when I power off/on. I like to focus on people's eyes when shooting people, and with the large AF square it was hit or miss sometimes. I really don't see any reason to ever set it back to the larger AF points.
Bob Park
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.lightcraftstudio.com

bodtlaender

So 300ms readout time means, that even if you expose at 1/10.000 of a second (forget about the number for this example), one corner of the image will be exposed 1/3 of a second later than the other? And that is exactly why one can`t use flash, because the flash isn`t there for as long as 1/3 of a second.

Bernd

rent

Quote from: galoubet on August 25, 2017, 11:10:00 PM
However at 1/10,000s exposure I can't see how one part of the image is going to be exposed 1/3s later. Or am I missing something?

The way I understand it is: for simplicity's sake, think the top left pixel gets exposed first, the bottom right pixel gets exposed last, at 0.3 sec later, despite the fact that each pixel (and every pixel in between) is only exposed for 1/10,000 sec.
Alex Jiang

Instagram

sanglier

Hello, how do you mount F mount lenses on XCD in a reliable and simple way
Or  I am missing an information?
Thank you.

hbnorth

Quote from: sanglier on August 30, 2017, 07:00:07 PM
Hello, how do you mount F mount lenses on XCD in a reliable and simple way
Or  I am missing an information?
Thank you.

If the combination of X-H and CF-H adapters works ideally (with working leaf shutter), then this might be the best way to mount v lenses on X1D. If the leaf shutter fails to operate, you may have to use ES + a cocked lens. Hope someone would make a direct X-CF adapter.

Hassilistic

I like the Leaf Shutter image, the highlights seem more pronounced than the Electronic.

ganesh

Cambo is introducing two new products that support the Hasselblad X1D
www.cambo.com/en/nieuwsbrief/newsletter-dealer-info-september-2017/