Mobile tethered capture

Previous topic - Next topic

davidthescot

Like many other users I am getting tired of connections being dropped when using my iPhone or iPad in lieu of a cable release on my X1D.  I have just ordered a Linx 8" Windows tablet and an appropriate connector adapter so that I can use that as a tethered remote running Phocus on the tablet.  This means the images will be saved on a card on the tablet computer in a Windows format.

As I exclusively use a Mac for editing does anyone know if I will have a problem transferring from the Windows format SD card on to my iMac?

davidthescot

Well FYI this was another failure.  The device itself is inexpensive and quite neat (a bit smaller than an iPad mini) and apparently runs Windows 10 but incredibly slowly.  I downloaded the PC version of Phocus on to it but it would not install as it claimed that it was the wrong version of Windows.  A very slow and painful Windows update failed to cure the problem and I suspect that Phocus needs the full blown version to work.

I note with interest that DJI Ronin S gyro stabiliser lists the development of USB shutter control for the X1D as a project under development.  If they can do it (and they should) why doesn't Hasselblad?  In the meantime Hasselblad are potentially partly locked out of a sector of the market (professional location video) and the ability to use gadgets like the Stackshot.

Come on Hasselblad let's have a USB cable release please!

sog1927

Quote from: davidthescot on July 31, 2018, 06:14:47 AM

I note with interest that DJI Ronin S gyro stabiliser lists the development of USB shutter control for the X1D as a project under development.  If they can do it (and they should) why doesn't Hasselblad?  In the meantime Hasselblad are potentially partly locked out of a sector of the market (professional location video) and the ability to use gadgets like the Stackshot.

Given the relationship between DJI and Hasselblad, Hasselblad might very well be the ones developing the release.

davidthescot

[/quote]

Given the relationship between DJI and Hasselblad, Hasselblad might very well be the ones developing the release.
[/quote]

Fingers crossed then !