Best way to sell X1D/XCD gear?

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_tseli

No, I'm not changing religion or being disappointed in X1D :) It is just that after getting my 21/4 I haven't seen any use for my 30/3.5 and I want to sell it for a reasonable price. Should it be a DSLR stuff I'd sell them on eBay in a moment, but with XCD gear I don't see a lot of auctions and I don't think that it will work well if I set it up. I also don't see a lot of demand for this gear in physical shops - there are usually no lenses in stock and they wait for them to be shipped on demand.

What would be the best way to sell my XCD 30mm (I'm based in Europe) ?  A couple of thousands of shots, looks and acts like new, all the boxes etc in place. Any advice would be highly appreciated :)

Cheers, Alex

BillW

Alex, I live in the USA and when I was looking for my 30, all I could find was new items on eBay. If a used 30 showed up , it went fast. If you sell internationally and offer it for less than retail, it might sell over here. FWIW.
Thanks
Bill

alex_tseli

Oh, thanks Bill! So, the fact, that there aren't many on sale should be good, I haven't though about it :)

JoeC

I agree with Bill. eBay has the biggest viewership. And it has an international audience. For online forums, I'd recommend both GetDPI.com and Luminous Landscape. I just sold an "extra" 4116 kit on GetDPI. Both of those forums have large medium format participation.

Joe

alex_tseli

jeff.grant@pobox.com

My experience is that GetDpi is excellent, as is right here. Ebay can be a real pain and there fees are a real turnoff.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

boinger

For what it's worth XCD lenses sell extremely fast on ebay for quite decent prices. For much more than I have seen in the forums. Even with the fees you can get a little more sometimes.

And even if it is even. Atleast it sells fast. When I used to sell on forums a lot of times I had to wait a while before someone was interested in my items (talking about dslr stuff) .

BillW

Used 30's on eBay are scarce. There are always several new lens on there but if I am going to buy new it will be from an authorized dealer. When I was looking for a 30 I waited and waited for a used one on eBay but finally bought new from B&H. As of this morning, there are no used 30's on eBay. FWIW
Thanks
Bill

retcheto

I sold two XCD lenses on eBay quickly and with no issue. I got a good price but wasn't too aggressive. I sold them because I prefer Rodenstock with a view camera set up and couldn't justify having such nice expensive lenses gathering dust.