Problems with H3DII-39 afgter updating firmware

Previous topic - Next topic

ilya

Hello,

After I updated the R332 firmware and tried but was unable to download the 081222 firmware update off the hasselblad site,
the camera started really going crazy.  Got the message that there was no power to the back a couple of times - fixed by removin and reconnecting the back.  then the lens gave an error, then got the busy message. 
Now I am getting the following message all the time:

Error: adapter SW needs to be updated.  Please supply external power.

and whenever I connect the camera to phocus, phocus does not see it at all!

I'm not really sure what's going on and how I should provide external power other then through connecting to a PC...

Help!! :))

thanks,
-ilya

NickT

I'm not much of a PC expert but it's possible that the firewire port on your PC is not supplying enough power. It sounds like the firmware update was interrupted. REmove lens and viewfinder from camera, press and hold the IAA (traffic light) button on the back and then with Phocus running, connect the firewire. This should force the firmware to update.
Let us know how you get on.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

ilya

Thanks guys,

I was able to get the computer to see the camera one more time and tried to rerun the the firmware #081222 and it did not run well - during the beginning of the upload the camera got switche off suddenly and I got a lost communications error from the PC.
then again the same sequence of no power to the back followed by "adapter SW needs to be updated" message from the back...
now I can not get the PC to see the camera at all...

Good point abot the hub, perhaps the camera is not getting enough power from firewire...  My laptop did not have a firewire port, so I'm using a firewire adapter card that I put into the PCI slot...

I'll try the trick with pressing the traffic light button to frce update (why is it important to have the lens/viewfinder off?)

thanks so much for your help guys!
I'm kind of lost and confused (and upset - I just got the camera 3 days ago and was looking forward to this weekend) :(
-ilya

ilya

I removed the lens/viewfinder I tried pressing and holding the traffic light button when plugging in the camera, bt phocus simply does not see the camera attached... 

by pressing the traffic light button while turning the camera on I can get the camera to power on in some download mode, but nothing is getting downloaded when it's plugged into the firewire cable... 

thanks!
-ilya

grandguru

Firmware 332 is NOT for your camera, get 251 and try again.

gerromy

same problem with H2D
Iliya, you have solved it?