Failure code 1005

Previous topic - Next topic

satijntje

Hi,

I did some test shooting today to get an idea about the speed and the reliability of the X1D and how it behaves when making a lot of sequential images.
It makes a lot of difference if the camera is set to RAW+JPG or to RAW only.
The RAW-only setting makes the camera much more responsive.

First trial was a set of fast shoots storing them on a Lexar Professional SDHC II card 16 Gb 150Mb/s in slot I (II kept empty)
After about 70 images , the screen turned black and an error message appeared on the screen "Systemfailure 1005"  Remove battery and insert it again.
The X1D gives then the option to store the failure codes.
A file 20170413-151354774-log.hbl was written to the SD card that most likely shows what went wrong with the camera? However, I cannot open this file.

I then tried the Sandisk Extreme PRO SD card 95 MB/s that was included with the X1D.
No problem shooting 125 pics in a row, no card failures, no stops, no hicks etc....

For the rest I have no complaints.
All, and I really mean ALL 200 images (taken with 90mm) were sharp.
AF was spot on, not a single OOF shot.
All shots hand held, no tripod.
Battery capacity went down by about 30-40 %.
So it might be very well possible to shoot some 500 pics with one fully charged battery.

I will be using the X1D NOT for studio work but for street photography.
The X1D is the first MF format Camera that I feel I can carry around for several hours without having a pain in my neck.

Leica S2 + 70mm lens: 3 kg
Leica SL + 24-90 lens: 2 kg
X1D with + 45mm lens: 1.17 kg

Cheers from a sunny Germany

John

Cliff S

I too find shooting handheld with X1D works as well as my M10. I was worried Medium Format would induce camera shake but this is not at all the case. I even shoot to ISO 22800 with excellent results. At night with a 3.5 aperture.

Definitely a camera that can do street.

Only issue is the camera is still a Work in Progress. AF needs to be quicker and the AF box needs to be smaller to be more accurate. Looking forward to FW updates that make this a killer camera all around. But I am still in awe of the IQ OOC. Incredible.

satijntje

I just saw below on the second page of this forum that the problem with the Legal Pro cards is a well known issue.

http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=4841.0

Sorry for posting this alarming message, the X1D is a great tool.

John

mkerouac

Lexar UHS II cards don't work well with the X1D.  The Hasselblad Tech said id there are two rows of contacts on the back, don't use that version of Lexar.  The Sandisk UHS II seem to work fine so far.  Not sure why a camera with files this big isn't 100% UHS II compatible.  The H6D also has some issues with Lexar UHSII SD.