card too slow error! X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

alkaabi

I used Lexar 128 sdxc memory card on my X1D and I got "card too slow" error which after a while cause a system error and i'm forced to remove the battery and restart the camera. Anyone having the same issue ?

by the way, the card is 150MB/s or 1000x.

mkerouac

Yes, same error but only when I take 4-5 shots in quick succession and it doesn't happen every time.  Same card as you are using.  I think the buffer bogs down too much and the system error pops up.  I would imagine that this is a firmware bug at this point. 

boinger

You can't use lexar professional SD cards in hasselblad,

My h6 also crashes if i use lexar cards. The speed is not that relevant as the lexars I have are fast enough. Shar at hasselblad usa confirmed the lexar card issue as well for me.

Domip

mkerouac

Quote from: boinger on February 23, 2017, 08:58:17 PM
You can't use lexar professional cards in hasselblad,

My h6 also crashes if i use lexar cards. The speed is not that relevant as the lexars I have are fast enough. Shar at hasselblad usa confirmed the lexar card issue as well for me.

I use Lexar Cfast in my H6 and haven't had any issues.  There really aren't many options to Lexar in the Cfast space. 

mkerouac

Update:  According to HB Support US.  The Lexar SDXC UHSII Cards with two rows of pins on the cards are not compatible with the X1D.  The single row of pins cards should work fine (UHSI).   All Lexar 128gb SD's seem to have a problem with the H6.  Still waiting on clarification of the Lexar CFast cards for the H6.  A little disappointed that the X1D is a brand new camera, but its not compatible with the fastest SD cards on the market.  It takes a long time to write those 50mp files.   

Dan

I use the Lexar 128 GB Cfast  525 MB/s 3500X in the H6D 100C, no problems

mkerouac

Quote from: Dan on February 24, 2017, 10:27:47 AM
I use the Lexar 128 GB Cfast  525 MB/s 3500X in the H6D 100C, no problems

I have the same experience with the Lexar Cfast.  No issues to date.

boinger

Sorry I should have specified. I was referring to the lexar professional sd cards. Not the Cfast.

Ario

When choosing an SD card for the X1D it may help to know that:

The X1D does not support UHS II
The max writing speed of X1D is 78 Mb/sec
The min recommended wring speed of SD card to be used on X1D is 6O Mb/sec

pflower

I have only had my X1D for a couple of days but I have had several "NO CARD" errors.  This with the card that came with the Camera - a 16gb Sandisk Extreme Pro with a write speed of 95mbps and a 62gb Sandisk Extreme with a write speed of 60mbps.  Sometimes the display flickers between "FULL", "NO CARD" and then displays the correct number of exposures.  When the no card error came I was not shooting continuously or even doing successive exposures quickly.  Others have already reported this.  Sounds like a firmware bug.

hcubell

Quote from: pflower on March 03, 2017, 10:54:36 PM
I have only had my X1D for a couple of days but I have had several "NO CARD" errors.  This with the card that came with the Camera - a 16gb Sandisk Extreme Pro with a write speed of 95mbps and a 62gb Sandisk Extreme with a write speed of 60mbps.  Sometimes the display flickers between "FULL", "NO CARD" and then displays the correct number of exposures.  When the no card error came I was not shooting continuously or even doing successive exposures quickly.  Others have already reported this.  Sounds like a firmware bug.

I have been using my X1D for several weeks. When I first turn on the camera, the information display first shows No Card, then Full, then the correct number of remaining exposures. I have just been ignoring it, but you are right, it is some sort of little bug in the firmware. I don't think it is an issue with the card, as the same thing happens with my other Sandisk Extreme Pro cards.

PeterDorr

Quote from: Ario on March 03, 2017, 06:27:21 PM
The X1D does not support UHS II

Maybe I am just lucky but I tried the 256 GB Lexar Professional SDXC II 1000x, 150 MB/s and it seems to work just fine in the camera.
I cannot measure the write speed, yet when I copy the files to my HD I do get around 90 MB/s instead of the 40 MB/s I got from my "standard" SDXC I card.

Anybody else having the same experience?

satijntje