X1D 12800 ISO

Previous topic - Next topic

SrMi

Played at home with X1D ISO 12800, 45mm, 1/80 sec, handheld. YMMV.

SrMi

Cliff S

Very impressive. I've also seen your photos on the LUF. Very impressive as well. So how are you liking the X1D vs the SL?

SrMi

Quote from: Cliff S on April 12, 2017, 05:15:00 PM
Very impressive. I've also seen your photos on the LUF. Very impressive as well. So how are you liking the X1D vs the SL?

Thank you! I really like the SL as it worked very well in Lofoten. I like X1D as well, looking forward to working with it more seriously. SL is currently a more flexible system. I like X1D's small size/weight and large sensor. Both systems are a great pleasure to use. I am lucky that I own both systems.

hcubell

Quote from: SrMi on April 12, 2017, 05:50:54 PM

Thank you! I really like the SL as it worked very well in Lofoten. I like X1D as well, looking forward to working with it more seriously. SL is currently a more flexible system. I like X1D's small size/weight and large sensor. Both systems are a great pleasure to use. I am lucky that I own both systems.

More flexible? Because of the focal length range using the SL zooms?

SrMi

Quote from: hcubell on April 13, 2017, 12:09:13 AM

Yes, "more flexible" includes larger zoom range (24-290); lenses with OIS; availability of many lightweight lenses (M); DOF scale visible in LCD; live histogram; blinkies.

"More flexible" does not mean better, IMO.

hcubell

Quote from: SrMi on April 13, 2017, 04:08:06 AM
Quote from: hcubell on April 13, 2017, 12:09:13 AM

Yes, "more flexible" includes larger zoom range (24-290); lenses with OIS; availability of many lightweight lenses (M); DOF scale visible in LCD; live histogram; blinkies.

"More flexible" does not mean better, IMO.

I understand. I do not expect the first three to change over time. The last three should be added in firmware. I believe that's HB's plan.

Hassilistic

QuoteI am lucky that I own both systems.

Wait!  You Won Both Systems!
Wow, Meet me at the Races this coming Sunday... I'll explain everything there!