Unable to import existing photos (captures) from XiD to MacPro using Phocus 3.0

Previous topic - Next topic

Muusman

I am a  first time Hasselblad (and Phocus) user having used Canons for years primarily as a sports photographer (no more), first with Aperture and now with Lightroom. I have just shot my first pictures with my new X1D, and if I remove the SD card and use a card reader I can import the images to my MacPro just fine- and I can import images easily to either Phocus or Lightroom without problem, however when I try to import the images directly from the camera to Phocus on the MacPro, I can access the CAPTURE (ORANGE) button, no problem and have the camera take a picture from the software on the computer, but I simply can't see the existing images in the camera anywhere on Phocus OR on Lightroom, which leads me to believe the Camera is not allowing the existing images "to be seen" by the computer for some reason.

I have the camera connected via a USB-C (X1D) to USB (MacPro) cable.  Phocus is version 3.1.4 and I am running OS 10.11.6.  Clearly the Computer is seeing the Camera because the "capture" a new image works fine- but the problem is limited to having the computer "see" the existing images already stored on the camera.

Any thoughts?  Many thanks

rent

This is the current behavior with the latest firmware. Not sure if this could be supported in future firmware as this requires some hardware wiring.

Alex
Alex Jiang

Instagram

Muusman

Just to be clear- you ae saying the current firmware does not allow images in the camera to be downloaded (imported) from the camera to a computer, and the only way is to remove the SD Card and use a card reader?  Many thanks (even if that is shocking!)

rent

The current firmware does not support this function.

Ove Bengtsson, the X1D product manager, has confirmed that this functionality will be added in a future firmware update.

Alex

Quote from: Muusman on March 20, 2017, 09:42:34 AM
Just to be clear- you ae saying the current firmware does not allow images in the camera to be downloaded (imported) from the camera to a computer, and the only way is to remove the SD Card and use a card reader?  Many thanks (even if that is shocking!)
Alex Jiang

Instagram