Does your 45mm vignette like this????

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBrennan

Top right.  Is it the lens,or the sensor?

jerome_m

The image seems to be consistent with the official illumination curve from Hasselblad (from http://static.hasselblad.com/2016/06/XCD-3545-mm-Datasheet-EN.pdf ).

JimBrennan

Make sure you scroll the image to the right.

It seems to appear in 90 degree side lighting, and even vignette in back lighting.
All I can say is while the resolution is better with the larger sensor, my Carl Zeiss dslr len's have better optical properties. It leaves me to wonder how it is going to perform on my upcoming photo trip to Alaska. 

I would have expected this from a cheap dlsr lens, not from a Hasselblad.

lim71

my picture looks have no. is there the raw file correction problem? I used LR to convert the raw file.

jerome_m

Quote from: JimBrennan on March 18, 2017, 02:14:58 AM
Make sure you scroll the image to the right.

It seems to appear in 90 degree side lighting, and even vignette in back lighting.
All I can say is while the resolution is better with the larger sensor, my Carl Zeiss dslr len's have better optical properties. It leaves me to wonder how it is going to perform on my upcoming photo trip to Alaska. 

I would have expected this from a cheap dlsr lens, not from a Hasselblad.

Just try an even illuminated wall to test for vignetting. Try with and without software corrections in Phocus or Lightroom and tell us what you see.

howsol

Wouldn't it fair to expect more blue in the sky depending upon the angle of the sun?  If the sun was DIRECTLY behind you on the first shot, then I would say you have a concern. the two shots you had were from different angles and they have differing amounts of blue in the sky within each and as compared to each other.

JimBrennan

I spoke with Hasselblad and every image in bright sunlight vignettes even with the 90mm, but not as bad.

Every image must be corrected in Phocus,  that's what is to be expected.  :'( :'( :'(

No beautiful raw files,  with a quick conversion in bridge, or small adjustments in camera raw. 

lim71

45mm have no seen yet, but XCD 30mm I directly open 3FR and looks no problem.

rent

Jim,

I've noticed the right corners vignette slightly more than the left with my 45, too. This is from my very unscientific white wall testing. The unevenness remains after Phocus lens correction as well.

This isn't really noticeable in most images (especially after correction). I was slightly worried as I do panos often. But so far, all my panos (usually at f/8, 1/2 overlapping) came out quite well without any stitching issues, even without putting every image thru Phocus first. Lightroom / PS does its voodoo and all is well. So at this point I'm not worried too much about it.

Alex

Quote from: JimBrennan on March 18, 2017, 12:05:09 PM
I spoke with Hasselblad and every image in bright sunlight vignettes even with the 90mm, but not as bad.

Every image must be corrected in Phocus,  that's what is to be expected.  :'( :'( :'(

No beautiful raw files,  with a quick conversion in bridge, or small adjustments in camera raw.
Alex Jiang

Instagram

Neimad

I noticed the same amount of vignette but I did not pay attention if it was more on one side of the other.
When I'm using Phocus, the vignette and other lens defaults are removed. Phocus recognized the lens and apply corrections.
When I'm using Adobe Camera Raw, the vignette and other defaults are still there. So far, Adobe doe not provide any correction for any XCD lens.
When I'm using Adobe Camera Raw, I manually apply +15 to correct the vignette.