Isuue disabling the preview

Previous topic - Next topic

Ario

The Show Preview checkbox is unchecked but nonetheless after any shot the preview of the image just taken is displayed on the LCD. Is anybody else seeing the same? Am I doing something wrong?
TIA
Ario

Buddy

If Preview checkbox in Monitor setting is unchecked then the image taken is not shown, just the live view. If you want shut this one off also, then a workaround would be to duck tape off the sensor on the right side on the viewfinder eye piece. Maybe try latest firmware?

tbullock

I have the same issue. The checkbox appears to do nothing.

Buddy

it works with mine as described, latest firmware 1.15.0. don't know what is the problem with yours...

Ario

I do not no either. I have also FW 1.15 installed and the local Hasselblad rep has been able to reproduce the same issue on his camera.

higbeenyc

I'm experiencing the same issue. Preview is turned off according to the menu, but I keep getting automatic playback. Seems to be triggered by the EVF sensor and is severely increasing the time between each shot. :(

higbeenyc

Wanted to update this thread:

I reached out to Hasselblad tech service in the U.S. (who were very quick to respond, I'd like to add). This is what they told me after informing them of the bug:

"I tested an X1D and I was able to replicate the issue.  I reported it to the factory and they will fix it with a future firmware update."

hcubell

I was also able to replicate it by unchecking the Image Preview box, shooting a frame with my eye against the viewfinder, and then pulling my eye away from the viewfinder right after making the exposure. The Image Preview then pops up on the rear LCD.