X1D Tethering Issues

Previous topic - Next topic

chadkirkland

I've been shooting tethered with my new X1D quite a bit and it's working ok via a USB cable, but when it's plugged in, I cant access the cameras menu, and I can't do some other basic things either (change white balance, change display mode). I have to unplug the usb cable to do any of those things.

Does anyone know what the issue here is? Is there any way to get around this? I'm on the latest Phocus version and the latest firmware version for the x1d (1.15.0).

Any help would be appreciated!

bdp

This is the same with the H series cameras. I think the theory is that you don't need to change settings on the camera if you are tethering - the computer is your display, WB is controlled by Phocus and you can control all the camera settings like shutter speed, aperture, metering mode etc via Phocus.

Having said this, some settings on the camera like the spirit level would be great to access when tethered, but sadly this hasn't been implemented since the H4.

Ben

avedon1961

and also you can't change the image size (square, portait, xpan ecc.ecc.) while tethered: :(

Conner999

Same on the H series (H5D).  It can be done on laptop screen.

Also, to be honest it's probably a good thing. I know what I'm like - I'd be making adjustments on camera vs. walking x feet to the laptop and burn thru batteries faster ;>

PhotoKratky

I just tried the X1D tethered in the studio, and additionally to the things mentioned above, I also wasn't able to get the manual focus aids to work in the EVF. The lens I used was a HC 100/2.2 on the X-H adapter and when not tethered the focus aids work just fine (after pressing the star button). Did I miss something or is it supposed to be that way?

I know that there is live view when tethered in Phocus, but there I couldn't switch off the exposure simulation in manual mode (like you can on the X1D) so live view was basically pitch black. Again, did I miss something or is it supposed to be that way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really like the camera  :)