"Movement detected" error during multi-shot capture.

Previous topic - Next topic

DenisM

I'm capturing to Phocus, on a MacBook Pro, from a H3Dll 39ms.

After a day and a half of perfect capture, I started getting the "movement detected" error about an hour ago.

It is happening on every capture.

I have rebooted everything to no avail.

I have saved a selection of the files and they are perfect.

Can I just ignore it?

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks.

D.

Greg

If you get no help here, go to the Hasselblad site and leave an e-mail with your question.  They are very good at getting answers for you.

Greg

Alex

When movement detected - always check files at 200% to be sure - 100% doesn't always that well.

Different lenses result in the same warning?

Simon Bran

It can be something in the shot moving, some times a reflector / sheet of paper and just the corner moves, the rest of the image is fine, or the product is propped up with blue tac and is slowly moving.etc. I always shoot a single shot with each 4 shot just in case, so you can photoshop out the affected area, if its a problem with the back or the back moving, you tend to get the checker pattern in the image but all over, and as said before you need to zoom in to see it, and the effect is usually high lighted when you sharpen the file.
if the camera is looking down, i had a case where the tripod head was not tight enough ( i was using a view camera, a bit heaver) the camera only has to move the equivelent to a one or two pixels and it will cause a problem. some times it is other things, like a heater coming on stray sun light near the set up, a flash pack not charging fully each time. There's always something trying to mess with your day : -)

Alex

if the camera is looking down :

I have had a couple of HC120 lenses' focus barrel slip on me if too loose - bloody irritating

DenisM

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I always shoot a single shot for the same reason.

Yes, the camera was looking down.

At 200%, the files still looked perfect.

Thanks again.

D.

DenisM

Ps. Using the side-by-side viewing feature, and viewing a single and a multi together at 200%, the multi leaves the single for dead.

So, I'm clueless as to what the problem is.

D.

Alex

If you are getting a thumbs up in Phocus at 200%, then export (at full size), with the sharpening "off", open in Photoshop and try out the unsharp mask (Radius 0.8) at varying amount percentages.
If still no issues then you are safe.

Btw. are you lighting with Strobe or Ambient - it's often comparatively harder to see movement when the multishot exposures are of a longer duration .

DenisM

Alex,

Thanks for the reply. Will try your suggestion.

Using strobe.

D.

Alex

Quote from: DenisM on February 16, 2017, 11:35:15 PM
the multi leaves the single for dead.

Yep - great technology, unfortunately it doesn't look like they're going to continue them into the H6D: so currently H5D-200c is the best it gets atmo.

Alex

Quote from: Alex on February 16, 2017, 11:54:35 PM
...and try out the unsharp mask (Radius 0.8) at...
Lol - this should read 0.8

Radius = 8) 

;D ;D

Simon Bran

QuoteYep - great technology, unfortunately it doesn't look like they're going to continue them into the H6D: so currently H5D-200c is the best it gets atmo.
I remember  the Carnaval 2030 back we used to have years ago ( before they became part of Hasselblad ), the 4 shot was a life saver, the single shot quality was a lot worse then, than it is today!